Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 6:53:51 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:00:00 PM EST
NCstar anything is junk
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:56:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/21/2008 8:41:42 AM EST by 1992mustang]
I have never heard of them before until I started diggin. I don't want some junk stuck on my nice new Armie

Maybe this is a better choice. I have seen them for about 150 bucks.
Any thoughts? http://www.beamshot.com/laser_sight_greenbeam1000.html
Link Posted: 11/26/2008 5:10:53 PM EST
i was hesitant too cause thier shit is junk, but this laser can be seen 100m on a cloudy day, and at least 3/4 mi at night. i bought one cause it was only 89$ i think its cool, more of a toy than anything else. wouldnt trust my life on it but that is what the eotech is for.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 9:30:13 PM EST
Had one worked great on my AR until I took to the range with it. After about 10 rounds the laser stopped working completely. Tried everything changed batteries, no luck. I contacted NC Star and I sent the defective laser in and received a brand new laser a week later. Great warranty service but I would not rely on this laser when it comes to combat. Maybe I had a bad experience, but nevertheless I sold the new one at a gunshow and bought the Lasermax Unimax. I would go that route, they are made for the military and will withstand anything.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 10:45:10 PM EST
NcStar products work fine for rim-fire and air-soft applications... Leave it at that - but don't overlook having some fun using their stuff on your .22's as it's probably work quite well.

That said - the product simply isn't "up to the task" for any "real center-fire weapons" or application. I'd play air-soft with their stuff - but NEVER bet my life on any of the same - YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 12:09:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2008 12:09:40 AM EST by Ridge_Runner_5]
I got this at a recent gun show:

Traded it and $35 (on his part) for a DPMS lower receiver...
I have the laser on my AR quad rail and the flashlight on my XD9...I'll post a report when I take them to the range (hopefully next week)
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 9:27:26 PM EST
I have the NCStar green laser on my new Sig and have shot about 500 rounds with it so far. So far I love it and its freaking bright out to easily 150-200 yds or more on a cloudy day. Way more at night. The only problem I've had was light started flickering intermittantly. I found the tail cap had some corrsion where the remote switch led in. Once I cleaned it, its worked 100% since.

I don't think I'd trust it to hump over the mountains in AFG, but for the $$ - t works great for my use. Inside of 50 yds, Consistantly getting shots on target is quicker than using an eotech or airmpoint IMO.

There's obviously better la$er$ out there, but so far I'm very happy with mine. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 9:56:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 10:49:50 PM EST
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I wouldn't trust ncstar anything other than for goofing around like putting it on a .22

The AR-15 platform IS a .22
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 10:53:15 PM EST
Originally Posted By Ridge_Runner_5:
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I wouldn't trust ncstar anything other than for goofing around like putting it on a .22

The AR-15 platform IS a .22

Aimless is gonna go penguin on your ass
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 7:05:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/25/2008 8:07:28 AM EST by greyhound47]
I have a buddy who owns a gun store. He ordered and tested THREE of these lasers. They are very BRIGHT but they are junk past that. They could not be dialed in no matter what he did. POI was moving with every shot. He told me nothing of his results and gave me the last one to test and give my impressions. I had the exact same problems. Total junk as is every other NCStar product I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/23/2008 8:09:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By greyhound47:
I have a buddy who owna gun store. He ordered and tested THREE of these lasers. They are very BRIGHT but they are junk past that. They could not be dialed in no matter what you did. It was moving with every shot. He told me nothing and gave me the last one to test and give my impressions. I had the exact same problems. TOtal junk as is every other NCStar product I have ever seen.

You actually used one. Alright, I will now appreciate your words and take them at value.
Top Top