Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2006 8:34:10 AM EDT
I got this in email:

A lot of ammo manufacturers are having April 1st price increases!  Again!
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered 1K of Federal AE223 from Widener's because the site says price on that is going up 7% SOON.  Increases everywhere...

ETA: Here is the exact wording from the web site:

BUY NOW!! A 7% PRICE INCREASE IS COMING IN 60 DAYS FROM FEDERAL
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I've heard that all civilian ammo manufacturing will stop on April 1st due to an executive order by President Bush.  Everyone do your part now by signing the email petition that I'll be sending out to stop this atrocity from happening.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually, I've heard that all civilian ammo manufacturing will stop on April 1st due to an executive order by President Bush.  Everyone do your part now by signing the email petition that I'll be sending out to stop this atrocity from happening.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You can't be serious
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

You can't be serious

No, but I guarantee you someone will take it and run with it as such.

And don't call me Shirley.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
And if they do we'll pay for ammo regardless. And when it gets TOO expensive I'll start reloading. But I refuse to panick and go buy out stores to make them SURE it's a good thing to raise prices. ESH
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Ammo is going up.
Look at the metals market and you will see why.
Those that "flinch" and don't raise prices will be cutting their own throat.
The euro vs Dollar is one of the reasons that imports aren't the bargain they once were.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
How is the XM193PD ammo they have for 189.00 per 1000?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:16:05 PM EDT
[#9]
IMO, not as good as the 855PD.  I have found a lot more unsafe rounds in 193PD vs. 855PD.  I don't care about minor dings, but cracked case necks and major dings are much more prevalent in 193.  
Take this with a grain of salt though, only one case of each for me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:22:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't be serious

Sounds like someone is setting us up for an April fools joke...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sounds like someone is setting us up for an April fools joke...

hmmm, maybe it is an April1st joke and the real deal will be that M193 surplus will now be available again because Bush recinded Klintoon's stoopid exec order banning surplus for civies...

a boy can dream can't he?  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just ordered 1K of Federal AE223 from Widener's because the site says price on that is going up 7% SOON.  Increases everywhere...

ETA: Here is the exact wording from the web site:

BUY NOW!! A 7% PRICE INCREASE IS COMING IN 60 DAYS FROM FEDERAL

I just ordered 2K Federal 223 from Natchezss.  Talked to owners of two gun stores in CT who confirmed rapidly increasing prices.  Next increase is April with probably 4 more this year.  They're trying to get the best deals now and buy 100K+ rounds to lock in current price.  Feeling is that with a lot of scrap metal, raw materials going overseas, ammo and components will continue to rise.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Feeling is that with a lot of scrap metal, raw materials going overseas, ammo and components will continue to rise.

If your pricing ammo in USD$, is there any doubt that the it'll take more and more of those fancy pieces of paper?  If you want to do a reality check on inflation, see how xx$ compares over time ~> inflation calculator (lost about 95% of its purchasing power since World War I)
All things eventually assume their intrinsic value & hisotry is quite clear on FIAT currency.  The FED has really fired up the printing presses! and this even prior to their no longer reporting on how much they're printing.  I wonder if they'll print more?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#14]
just ordered 10 cases of XM855PD.....

burnsome....
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:01:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Since June 05 we have had a 35% increase in raw material prices just in brass. China has been driving up the market place. They have been buying up copper (70% of a case) for their electrical requirements.  

Art - Silver State Armory
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Since June 05 we have had a 35% increase in raw material prices just in brass. China has been driving up the market place. They have been buying up copper (70% of a case) for their electrical requirements.  

This increase is just as bad as the price of gas..

A bunch of BS speculation and just plan fucking the public.

There is no valid reason for any of it except greed !

There is no shortage any never will of materials...

Read the real corporate information from the companies that mine and smelt this stuff.

Shooting is not like gas, I dont need to buy ammo at these prices and I wont.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read the real corporate information from the companies that mine and smelt this stuff.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for the chuckle.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Ordered another 2K AE from Natchez.  $402 to my door.  Not bad.  Then I am done for awile, unless something on backorder comes in
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Tell me something new or some good news
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

New:  Your wife is cheating on you.

Good:  I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

New:  Your wife is cheating on you.

Good:  I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO.

both counts are depressing, LOL
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ordered another 2K AE from Natchez.  $402 to my door.  Not bad.  Then I am done for awile, unless something on backorder comes inhr

Stop it already!  My 1K isn't even here yet and I have some sickness that keeps making me want to order more before it goes up!!!  Must get over 10K total, must get over 10K total, ...
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Stop it already!  My 1K isn't even here yet and I have some sickness that keeps making me want to order more before it goes up!!!  Must get over 10K total, must get over 10K total, ...

I am surprised how little 10K actually looks sitting on a shelf.... and I already know from experience it doesnt even last that long.    

We need to invent a 5.56 tree.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#25]
The ammo price list thread must not have been updated, I don't see all these April price hikes that Natchez warned us about...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
The ammo price list thread must not have been updated, I don't see all these April price hikes that Natchez warned us about...

Both Natchez and Wideners are out of stock now on FAE223.  My guess is that any new stock will be more?  My last 1K of FAE223 should arrive tomorrow!
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Both Natchez and Wideners are out of stock now on FAE223.  My guess is that any new stock will be more?  My last 1K of FAE223 should arrive tomorrow!

Looks like Outdoor Marksman was able to get supplied before the price jump - between their west coast warehouse and their new east coast warehouse they have ~ 1,000,000 rounds on-hand at $200/1000 + shipping.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like Outdoor Marksman was able to get supplied before the price jump - between their west coast warehouse and their new east coast warehouse they have ~ 1,000,000 rounds on-hand at $200/1000 + shipping.

I paid $402 for 2k to my door from Natchez.  Last order was delivered about a week ago.  I would say $200 + shipping would be a price increase.  I just checked shipping on 2k from Outdoor Marksman and it's $28.33.  Thats reasonable but that puts 2k to my door at $428.33.  I like the idea of having a East & West coast warehouse but it's still a 6.5% increase on AE 223.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I paid $402 for 2k to my door from Natchez.  Last order was delivered about a week ago.  I would say $200 + shipping would be a price increase.  I just checked shipping on 2k from Outdoor Marksman and it's $28.33.  Thats reasonable but that puts 2k to my door at $428.33.  I like the idea of having a East & West coast warehouse but it's still a 6.5% increase on AE 223.

Outdoor Marksman's prices have been up and down for a few months:
1/1 - $200/1000
1/13 - up $15 to $215
1/31 - down $25 to $190
3/23 - up $10 to the current $200
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top