Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 123
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Although you are correct I rather not devolve this thread into what has happened into the other threads. When gas blocks, forge codes, selector shapes, paint etc become the topic of discussion and the origin of arguments on "clone correct", I'm out. I call it the 5 ft test. If you've got a flush fit AEM5 to KAC FF RAS and decked out in other GWOT approved gear, you know exactly what you are doing. I'm not going to ask nor do I want t see the underwear you have on.

Nobody asked my opinion but I'm already salty this morning so I sent it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

That does not look exactly like a MK12 block.

Although you are correct I rather not devolve this thread into what has happened into the other threads. When gas blocks, forge codes, selector shapes, paint etc become the topic of discussion and the origin of arguments on "clone correct", I'm out. I call it the 5 ft test. If you've got a flush fit AEM5 to KAC FF RAS and decked out in other GWOT approved gear, you know exactly what you are doing. I'm not going to ask nor do I want t see the underwear you have on.

Nobody asked my opinion but I'm already salty this morning so I sent it.

I mean this thread literally broke out of the conglomerated Recce style thread as a "clone thread" dedicated to the NSW, DG, and Delta scoped carbines old and new but we're now upset if it's becoming more of a clone thread like the others, which in themselves still have plenty of people posting builds with wrong forge codes or barrel manufacturers but don't get pitchforked?

Pick one basket to put all your clone eggs in, build one museum quality rifle you care about, then do whatever you want. It's how I learned not to care anymore.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

I mean this thread literally broke out of the conglomerated Recce style thread as a "clone thread" dedicated to the NSW, DG, and Delta scoped carbines old and new but we're now upset if it's becoming more of a clone thread like the others, which in themselves still have plenty of people posting builds with wrong forge codes or barrel manufacturers but don't get pitchforked?

Pick one basket to put all your clone eggs in, build one museum quality rifle you care about, then do whatever you want. It's how I learned not to care anymore.
View Quote

Clones (the Mk18/CQBR) is what got me into NFA items but I don't hang out in any hardly any of the threads anymore because they are run by internet commandos who have nothing better to do than critique people's rifles in the most petty ways. I understand when somebody posts an "inspired" build that is off topic that ain't cool and sidetracks the spirit of the thread. But dogging people for cerakoted rife (in an appropriate color) or an incorrect gas block that can't even be seen is fucking stupid. I understand there are various people on the clone spectrum, people like yourself who build museum pieces with the rarest, most exact parts and people like myself who say a 10.3 5.56 with a RIS II in a traditional receiver set is a CQBR. I just wish there was a little more respect as we are all on the same team here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Clones (the Mk18/CQBR) is what got me into NFA items but I don't hang out in any hardly any of the threads anymore because they are run by internet commandos who have nothing better to do than critique people's rifles in the most petty ways. I understand when somebody posts an "inspired" build that is off topic that ain't cool and sidetracks the spirit of the thread. But dogging people for cerakoted rife (in an appropriate color) or an incorrect gas block that can't even be seen is fucking stupid. I understand there are various people on the clone spectrum, people like yourself who build museum pieces with the rarest, most exact parts and people like myself who say a 10.3 5.56 with a RIS II in a traditional receiver set is a CQBR. I just wish there was a little more respect as we are all on the same team here.
View Quote

This quibbling over correct gas blocks or grips coupled with the constant posting and worshipping of $20 parts is what ruins these threads and by default what makes Instagram a better platform. For the guys with legit setups with nods, peqs, thermals etc I'll follow; everyone else I'll pass.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#4]
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:

This quibbling over correct gas blocks or grips coupled with the constant posting and worshipping of $20 parts is what ruins these threads and by default what makes Instagram a better platform. For the guys with legit setups with nods, peqs, thermals etc I'll follow; everyone else I'll pass.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

While this is all part of the "Discussion"  thread. Let's all move on and make sure neither happens to this thread!

Let's see some more photos of your rig Danton. Not enough piston Recce in here!

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I know I'm beating it to death, but in the spirit of "plausible" I can't shake the desire to push this Armalite build to the recce limits while I work on the true blue NSW. Am I wasting my time with a commercial Vari-X III 2.5-8? I also have an identical 3-9x.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
The correct gas block used in the initial and the chopped Lilja barreled recces with the FF RAS was the KAC low profile. Do with that info what you will.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 3:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

The Instagram guys who just want to be followed and worshiped for expensive purchases are what ruined cloning in the first place. It's all about 'flexing' now, not about research and pursuing a true clone, tracking guys down and filling in gaps about the programs, why parts or gear was chosen, and if it was effective or not.

Eventually it won't be cool anymore, things will die down. Maybe. Or by then everyone will think of their stuff as an 'investment' like the crowd that ruined classic cars and want 800 bucks for a set of NLS ARMS rings.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#8]

The Instagram guys who just want to be followed and worshiped for expensive purchases are what ruined cloning in the first place. It's all about 'flexing' now, not about research and pursuing a true clone, tracking guys down and filling in gaps about the programs, why parts or gear was chosen, and if it was effective or not.

Eventually it won't be cool anymore, things will die down. Maybe. Or by then everyone will think of their stuff as an 'investment' like the crowd that ruined classic cars and want 800 bucks for a set of NLS ARMS rings.
View Quote

There are offenders on both sides of the spectrum that ruin it. Clone nazis using a microscope to check every aspect of your rifle for "non correct" parts is no fun. If you want to take a decade tracking down every specific part to build the exact thing that was issued that's great. But don't shit on people who want to shoot their rifles sooner than later. The IG flexing limited drop exclusivity hype beast isn't fun either. Really it's a flex in either direction 1) my rig has more accurate/rare parts than you or 2) I have higher discretionary spending capabilities to have cool stuff.  I think most people fall somewhere in between and just want to own a cool rifle that has some historic significance. Again we are all on the same team. The rub is to what degree are we defining "clone".

For the sake of our founder Mr. Icon who is probably pulling his hair out, I'll throw some pictures in here of previous setups. Warning, some non 100% clone content ahead.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Wanted to add my previous post is not an attack on anybody in here specifically, more so my frustration with the clone community over the past few years.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:07:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a Geissele GB in my NSW. Come at me bro.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:45:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:
I have a Geissele GB in my NSW. Come at me bro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#12]

There are offenders on both sides of the spectrum that ruin it. Clone nazis using a microscope to check every aspect of your rifle for "non correct" parts is no fun. If you want to take a decade tracking down every specific part to build the exact thing that was issued that's great. But don't shit on people who want to shoot their rifles sooner than later. The IG flexing limited drop exclusivity hype beast isn't fun either. Really it's a flex in either direction 1) my rig has more accurate/rare parts than you or 2) I have higher discretionary spending capabilities to have cool stuff.  I think most people fall somewhere in between and just want to own a cool rifle that has some historic significance. Again we are all on the same team. The rub is to what degree are we defining "clone".

For the sake of our founder Mr. Icon who is probably pulling his hair out, I'll throw some pictures in here of previous setups. Warning, some non 100% clone content ahead.

https://i.imgur.com/tRg755C.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/VRpvDC7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kK8rOMa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TD8b7fc.jpg
View Quote

A1 is peak aesthetic.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember guys, the GWOT Inspired thread is the refuge for those that may have used a CMMG detent instead of a Colt
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Honestly just too lazy to swap in the CLE barrel I have sitting in the parts drawer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:52:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cherokeefan03] [#15]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Remember guys, the GWOT Inspired thread is the refuge for those that may have used a CMMG detent instead of a Colt
View Quote

Man I guess I just don't see the point in spending money on some long out of date and hard to find parts, then a 500 dollar barrel, hunting down NF Mil-spec or issued optics, and then just saying ehh fuck it I got this gas block right here. Like whatever, it serves the same purpose, but I would hardly conflate a gas block to a detent when you've already spent time money and effort to get all your shit together.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#16]
Originally Posted By cherokeefan03:

Man I guess I just don't see the point in spending money on some long out of date and hard to find parts, then a 500 dollar barrel, hunting down NF Mil-spec or issued optics, and then just saying ehh fuck it I got this gas block right here. Like whatever, it serves the same purpose, but I would hardly conflate a gas block to a detent when you've already spent time money and effort to get all your shit together.
View Quote

I would assume it's because there is no 100% definite information on what gas block is on a 15.1" upper.

We don't even know what barrel is on the rifle. JS stated it's a KAC upper but there is no info on what stripped upper, barrel, BCG, CH, gas block, or gas tube is used.

Once again if someone wants to use a KAC or a Brownells block it makes no difference to me in this thread nor aesthetically. On a MK12 Mod 1? Oh yea the block needs to be right as it's exposed and has a distinct look. There is also a contract for them.

I would assume your right and the KAC block was used on the 15.1" if they were part of that large purchase for the OG Seal Recce parts pre Mk12 mod 1.

We really need to move on. Unless there is some new info on this upper I am unaware of?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

That’s precisely what I did. Being proud (aka flexing) something you’re proud of has been common place for the past twenty years on social media. You must be the most humble, hard working man on this tiny planet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cherokeefan03:

View Quote

The other thing especially the past few months is just how hard some of those smaller parts are to find including a BO or KAC low profile gas block. Can't even imagine just now finding the clone hobby with everything including ammo impossible to find.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350996/C0FE5A09-12B9-4E2C-B34A-7C82852E1863_jpe-1773885.JPG

That's precisely what I did. Being proud (aka flexing) something you're proud of has been common place for the past twenty years on social media. You must be the most humble, hard working man on this tiny planet.
View Quote

Now that's a wild statement, lol. How TF has it been 20 fk'n years almost.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:37:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGreatDanton] [#20]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

Now that's a wild statement, lol. How TF has it been 20 fk'n years almost.
View Quote

Haha dude I don't know. Have a feeling the next four years will do the exact opposite.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:47:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cherokeefan03] [#21]

The other thing especially the past few months is just how hard some of those smaller parts are to find including a BO or KAC low profile gas block. Can't even imagine just now finding the clone hobby with everything including ammo impossible to find.
View Quote

Yeah I mean I get that for sure. Sometimes if you aren't around for when a batch of some parts hit the market you're stuck on the hunt for months and months. Only KAC gas block I found for one of my lilja uppers was from OpticsPlanet last week actually, everywhere else was out and they only had the one in stock. So if thats whats holding someone up from just putting everything together, and it's not some weird adjustable railed shit, more power to them so they can go out and enjoy it. Personally I would still want to replace it eventually with the most correct one I can get, but if others are cool with it on their guns, thats chill. I'm not gonna act like I haven't had any builds that stayed in "work-in-progress" stage for way longer than anticipated either.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Going to do some 3 Gun practice tomorrow with my buddy. It's been forever since I did a match.

Stripped her down a little. Crazy how different it feels without the bipod and can. Even with a full mag and Optic it's relatively light and handy.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:41:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGreatDanton] [#23]
Originally Posted By Eyekahn:
Going to do some 3 Gun practice tomorrow with my buddy. It's been forever since I did a match.

Stripped her down a little. Crazy how different it feels without the bipod and can. Even with a full mag and Optic it's relatively light and handy.

https://i.imgur.com/TpBLMFV.jpg
View Quote

I did the same over the weekend, dropped the uhp and bipod and easily lost 15% in weight reduction. One of the big pros on the 556 rece setup imo.

Spotting carbon buildup on barrels from aem5s is one of my favorite past times btw

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#24]
The Holland feels better than my SPR but I can definitely see where an X24 in NF rings, a CTR stock, and no bipod would make the Recce handier. Or even the brenner350 style one with the older Leupold. A friend of mine says it's still his favorite of all of them in terms of handiness and Lilja Laser barrel. I think he's posted in here before but I can't remember if he has an Arf acct or not.

My 12.5 needs to go on a diet still but I am still stuck on this boat anchor AAC SPR can. Still wish AAC would cut it down to SPR-M4K dimensions but "no custom work".
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#25]
The Holland feels better than my SPR but I can definitely see where an X24 in NF rings, a CTR stock, and no bipod would make the Recce handier. Or even the brenner350 style one with the older Leupold. A friend of mine says it's still his favorite of all of them in terms of handiness and Lilja Laser barrel. I think he's posted in here before but I can't remember if he has an Arf acct or not.

My 12.5 needs to go on a diet still but I am still stuck on this boat anchor AAC SPR can. Still wish AAC would cut it down to SPR-M4K dimensions but "no custom work".
View Quote

On topic/off topic: changing can length can be tricky and radical changes a no-no. With that said you can freshen up your AAC can by sending it to Ecco Machine. Huge running thread in the silencer section. I sent him a Cyclone (and an older Gemtech Trek) which he welded in "Omega" thread pattern (1.375 x 24) mount which allows me to run most of all of todays great offerings. AAC is dead so I wouldn't be relying on their mounts, service, etc. My favorite mounting system is Area 419. Minimalist muzzle device that doesn't need to be timed and is lightweight. Can then screws LH onto muzzle device which means you'll never get parts coming off each other.

On the left:

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#26]

On topic/off topic: changing can length can be tricky and radical changes a no-no. With that said you can freshen up your AAC can by sending it to Ecco Machine. Huge running thread in the silencer section. I sent him a Cyclone (and an older Gemtech Trek) which he welded in "Omega" thread pattern (1.375 x 24) mount which allows me to run most of all of todays great offerings. AAC is dead so I wouldn't be relying on their mounts, service, etc. My favorite mounting system is Area 419. Minimalist muzzle device that doesn't need to be timed and is lightweight. Can then screws LH onto muzzle device which means you'll never get parts coming off each other.

On the left:

https://i.imgur.com/oJfC9Ng.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vkB0UQP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NqnTzTy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vfiVegJ.jpg

View Quote

I appreciate the info! I believe legally a can can go shorter but not longer, ie if you get a baffle/endstrike they can replace stuff but overall it's not supposed to get longer. For some weird reason.

And, if I ever decide to stop being poor again maybe that would be an excuse to say do a 416 DG style Recce, not the Ops one but the 10.4 with NF 2.5-10x24. Maybe a chopped SPR/M4 with new backend would pass for the AAC cans some of the DG 416s ran....

And yes I am relatively "poor" or the KAC rings would have forcibly happened by greasing Reed's palms to get a set of extra high 1.5" rings out of his personal stash. That said, I'm hanging up the Horrigan so if anyone wants a head start on the rail, shaved ghetto FSP, barrel, and scope/rings that I did have let me know before it hits the EE. I think an Army SF 2002-2003 style Block I M4A1 makes for a perfect pairing with my OG SPR, and it gives me some extra money to pursue other things.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#27]

On the left:

https://i.imgur.com/oJfC9Ng.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vkB0UQP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NqnTzTy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vfiVegJ.jpg

View Quote

Ecco is great. He turned my N6 into a direct thread so I could stop going through latches.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#28]

I did the same over the weekend, dropped the uhp and bipod and easily lost 15% in weight reduction. One of the big pros on the 556 rece setup imo.

Spotting carbon buildup on barrels from aem5s is one of my favorite past times btw

View Quote

Haha. This one doesn't have much on it yet. The old Bartlein had a good caking of carbon on the bead blasted stainless.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#29]

I appreciate the info! I believe legally a can can go shorter but not longer, ie if you get a baffle/endstrike they can replace stuff but overall it's not supposed to get longer. For some weird reason.

And, if I ever decide to stop being poor again maybe that would be an excuse to say do a 416 DG style Recce, not the Ops one but the 10.4 with NF 2.5-10x24. Maybe a chopped SPR/M4 with new backend would pass for the AAC cans some of the DG 416s ran....

And yes I am relatively "poor" or the KAC rings would have forcibly happened by greasing Reed's palms to get a set of extra high 1.5" rings out of his personal stash. That said, I'm hanging up the Horrigan so if anyone wants a head start on the rail, shaved ghetto FSP, barrel, and scope/rings that I did have let me know before it hits the EE. I think an Army SF 2002-2003 style Block I M4A1 makes for a perfect pairing with my OG SPR, and it gives me some extra money to pursue other things.
View Quote

Ah, now that you mention it I think shorter is OK. In any case Nick @ Ecco is the dude to talk to. He could probably shorten it or do some kind of cool reflex style design. He's a magician.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Ah, now that you mention it I think shorter is OK. In any case Nick @ Ecco is the dude to talk to. He could probably shorten it or do some kind of cool reflex style design. He's a magician.
View Quote

Their first reply is he tries to keep it to at most 1" and during conversion for mounting, so no just chopping the end off because BATFE likes to be wishy washy on rules.

May still do the mount conversion, seeing if they even can. It's already a reflex can I just want it shorter.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Sent you an IM!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

Sent you an IM!
View Quote

Would love to see the project picked up and run. If someone does get the rings (the real right ones) and can grab a Vero MRE rail, it's an outstanding tribute to one hell of an American. Slap an early 2000s M4A1 barrel on there, dremel that FSB, add PEQ-2 and Gangster Grip and boom, one of the coolest MREs there was.

I DID legitimately stop and consider doing a Short Dot, seeing that Horrigan was the guy actually working with LaRue on the 1.93 mounts. And, there actually were 1.84" 1" versions of them, one went on eBay years back and my dumbass self told gunnut003 to pass on it because we thought it might be airsoft. That said, there is a good chance that Horrigan could have run his Leupold in a 1.84" 1" mount, OR, have been using a Short Dot in 1.93 at the time of his death but frankly I'm not going to ask any of the guys that were there about it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#33]
As close as I could get.

14.5” MRE Recce

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ic_guerrero:
As close as I could get.

14.5” MRE Recce

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58542/C70B5ADC-1F39-426D-ABBA-7B3D1053E039_jpe-1780212.JPG
View Quote

Well done man.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ic_guerrero:
As close as I could get.

14.5” MRE Recce

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58542/C70B5ADC-1F39-426D-ABBA-7B3D1053E039_jpe-1780212.JPG
View Quote

Awesome! Always thought the Steiner was a good Short Dot replacement.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#37]
https://i.imgur.com/TJsnsMd.jpg
View Quote

Damn, shoulda let me know!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Going out on a limb here but anyone looking to part with a lilja upper?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#40]
What are most of you guys using for a 15.1" barrel? As far as I'm aware there aren't any off the shelf options. Is everyone just picking their favorite flavor of 16" SPR profile barrel w/ mid gas system and having it chopped and profiled?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ctres94:
What are most of you guys using for a 15.1" barrel? As far as I'm aware there aren't any off the shelf options. Is everyone just picking their favorite flavor of 16" SPR profile barrel w/ mid gas system and having it chopped and profiled?
View Quote

Compass Lake Engineering offers 15.1 barrels with the Ops-Inc profile.

https://compasslake.com/product-category-hide/barrels/?filter_length=15-1&query_type_length=or
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:30:28 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Compass Lake offers 15.1" barrels.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 10:41:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Is there a general consensus on the 1:7.7 twist? Is that the way to go for 77gr SMK?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:23:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Eyekahn] [#44]
Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Is there a general consensus on the 1:7.7 twist? Is that the way to go for 77gr SMK?
View Quote

1/7 is what I've run in the past two CLE barrels. I wouldn't hold too much stock in 77SMK. There are far superior rounds out there. 77SMK are great, just dated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:31:51 PM EDT
[#45]

1/7 is what I've run in the past two CLE barrels. I wouldn't hold too much stock in 77SMK. There are far superior rounds out there. 77SMK are great, just dated.
View Quote

Care to elaborate? I'm interested in hearing opinions on other loads and how they compare to SMK. I've had good luck with the 77gr in the little bit I've shot of it, but I'm open to trying out some others.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#46]

Care to elaborate? I'm interested in hearing opinions on other loads and how they compare to SMK. I've had good luck with the 77gr in the little bit I've shot of it, but I'm open to trying out some others.
View Quote

75BTHP is by far my favorite bullet. Then the 73ELD. 77TMK is excellent but pricey. The 70 RDF is also an amazing little bullet, a bit temperamental to find a load but it screams and has a great BC.

The BC on the regular 77SMK is a bit low
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:16:55 PM EDT
[#47]

75BTHP is by far my favorite bullet. Then the 73ELD. 77TMK is excellent but pricey. The 70 RDF is also an amazing little bullet, a bit temperamental to find a load but it screams and has a great BC.

The BC on the regular 77SMK is a bit low
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestions, gives me a few other options to look out for.

Do you find that the hornady 75 and 73 are generally as accurate as 77 SMK in a variety of barrels, or are you speaking from the standpoint of ballistic coefficient and terminal characteristics? Reason I ask is because it seems that 77 SMK is generally agreed upon by most to provide fantastic accuracy from virtually any barrel whereas some of the others have a bit more mixed reviews.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:17:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmdexe] [#48]
wrong thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks for the suggestions, gives me a few other options to look out for.

Do you find that the hornady 75 and 73 are generally as accurate as 77 SMK in a variety of barrels, or are you speaking from the standpoint of ballistic coefficient and terminal characteristics? Reason I ask is because it seems that 77 SMK is generally agreed upon by most to provide fantastic accuracy from virtually any barrel whereas some of the others have a bit more mixed reviews.
View Quote

I've never had good luck with the 77SMK. I've gotten it around an moa but never any better. I've gotten the 75's to shoot 1/2 moa or better, same with the 77TMK. Factory 73 ELD have shot 1/2 moa in a few different barrels. I've gotten it to shoot 3/4 with the few  loads I've made for it. My current load is a little over an moa at 100 with it but sub 2 moa at 600yds. They are super lazy handloads with mixed brass.

Need to find some more 75's and crank out some good loads with those again. A few different barrels loved 24gr of tac in Frontier brass with a cci 400 primer
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

Hi guys I’m starting to collect pieces for the gun on the left. The optic is kind of throwing me off, I think it’s a x24 NF but the resolution sucks and the eyepiece and the knobs look off. Anyone have any other pics of this gun?
Page / 123
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top