Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/4/2003 11:13:52 PM EDT
Is it me or has there been a change in the last 2 years? At that time they were selling like "hotcakes" on the equipment exchange. They were going for around $30 plus shipping. At first I had a hard time getting any. Once I started checking every 5 minutes I was able to get some. You had to be fast. It was addicting, I bought a lot. The way it was explained to me, they were a good investment. I could always get my money back or even make a few bucks as the price went up.

I just looked in equipment exchange for AR mags. What happened? The first page I see them for $24, $17, and I just missed a lot that went for $10.59 each shipped! Used ones are selling for under $10.

I spent "thousands" on AR mags. In the last year I have bought 3 rifles and 2 hand guns. That's 5 more sets of mags, ammo, & accessories being bought also. The last 2 were an AK-47 & AK-74. I thought I'd sell of some AR mags. to buy some AK mags.

Guess I'm screwed huh? If I sell now I will loose money.[>(] What do you think will happen if a new AWB isn't passed? Prices will take a huge dive?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 12:19:32 AM EDT
If---I mean when the AWB sunsets I'm sure to see a drop in mag prices. Maybe not right away but it will happen. Think about it. All these brand spankin new "LEO" mags will now be available to a MUCH larger body of consumer---the public. Also, why do you think the price in the mags is already slipping? Maybe because these companies selling the mags also believe prices will drop. I've seen NIB LEO mags with green followers advertised to FFL holders for $12. That is what YOU will be able to purchase them for after the ban. How much would you spend on a mag which was used for years, needed a new follower, had a weak spring, and 75% of its finish remaining if you could buy a new one for $12-$15 bucks with all the upgrades?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/5/2003 6:24:17 AM EDT by pulpsmack]
If you have a bunch of AR crap you have stashed away due to the AWB, then you have probably realized that NOW is the time to dump. the promise of NEW ARs are practically within our grasp. So you want to go to town on the opportunity but you are cursed with the reality of survival/raising a family. What's the first thing you do? Sell strategically. 1st to go? surplus magazines (then prebans marked Oly & EA). New production magazines have the potential to become $15 dollars a piece and the fabled HK mags are 1st on many people's list. What you bought was some insurance. It turns out the barn won't catch on fire & you lost money on your premium. At least you have something tangible to show for it though. Look on the bright side... you didn't pay $1300 for a Preban EA, (did you?) Edited to add: The new AWB WILL NOT BE PASSED in such a way that we are screwed in September. It will likely rear its ugly head some time later perhaps 2 years, but who knows.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:00:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: What you bought was some insurance. It turns out the barn won't catch on fire & you lost money on your premium. At least you have something tangible to show for it though.
View Quote
Great point. Guess I already knew that, just wanted some reassurance. Makes me feel better.[:)]
Top Top