Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/22/2002 6:01:13 PM EDT
just checking the NIB value of a 6601, got one located. no bao, split flash hider. same old same old 6601 pre-band MH041xxx. you guys know it best.
thanks, catman
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the seller. He may think he's got the only one in a thousand miles of you. But, in reality, 6601's and 6551's are pretty common and easy to pick up (in excellent-like new cond.) for around $1400-$1500 or so (depending on what accessories are included-orig. box, mags, cleaning kit, etc.). Also, all 6601's are not the same. Some will have slab sides, others raised fences. Some will have large front pivot holes, and others, small ones. Some will be ready for mil-spec push pins, others won't. The most popular will be the raised fence, small hole, push-pin type (look for a "weep-hole" on the raised fence just below the ejection port cover...though not all will have this hole). Generally, the higher up in serial number you go prior to the ban, the better off you are on getting all these features.
Link Posted: 10/23/2002 6:22:33 AM EDT
[#2]
A year and a half ago I paid $1K for mine with, 1446 rds of ammo, .30 cal ammo can, Owner's Manual, 2 OK pre-ban 30 rd mags, 2 Colt 5/20 rd mags., cleaning kit, but no box.

Was drilled for standard push-pin, which I installed, and I sold off the upper, and installed a complete Colt 20" 1/7 A2 upper, with bayonet lug.

Here are some nice (overpriced) rifles:

www.prebanarms.com/
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
That guy was strapped for cash! Most of us will never see anything like that. I did run across a R6551 NIB for $800 at a gunshow a couple of years back. The 'ol guy selling it didn't know what he had. Unfortunately, he sold it out from under me before I got back from the ATM (wife had the checkbook). I think he didn't even remember me from 15 minutes earlier. He may have thought it was still "1993" too;-) I never go to a gunshow without THREE forms of payment available these days.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#4]
OK you have talked me in to going ahead and buying this 6601 new in the box for $1,100.
thanks for the info, you have been very helpful.
Link Posted: 10/24/2002 6:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Good job catman.  jn316, no, he was NOT strapped for ca$h, but he didn't shoot the thing, and wanted to get out of it.  He spent the $ on new guns.

He didn't know it's value, like many who own them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Exactly, he needed CASH, so he could get other guns. Hence, my strapped for cash statement. If he didn't need the cash right then, he would have held out for mean market value. If he's you brother, or something, I wasn't trying to offend you. Just an observation in human nature. We don't sell for less than market value, unless we aren't knowledgeable about the item or we're motivated to sell. You got a great deal and I'm envious to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#7]
John, we just have a differ def'n of strapped for ca$h.

In strapped for ca$h, I think of NEEDING ca$h, not WANTING ca$h.

Thinking about needing ca$h = more like house note is due, and I'm short.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Alrighty then...we agree to disagree. Point is, catman going to join the ranks of AR owners!  

Later.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 4:03:14 AM EDT
[#9]
this isn't my first AR15 rodeo, just didn't know what the 6601's had been going for at the shows.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top