Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2005 6:13:45 AM EDT
With the ban sunset, would a NIB pre ban Colt R6600 green label be a good investment? That is what I told my wife when TSHTF!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
If your not in an AW state, I dont see the point. BWTFDIK. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
With the ban sunset, would a NIB pre ban Colt R6600 green label be a good investment? That is what I told my wife when TSHTF!

what is the price    
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
With the ban sunset, would a NIB pre ban Colt R6600 green label be a good investment? That is what I told my wife when TSHTF! hr

what is the price    hr

Too much IMO! $1450. But I did it anyway!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:01:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If your not in an AW state, I dont see the point. BWTFDIKhr

I was thinking---they have pre ban configuration, post ban configuration, and now with the sunset, are they going to go back to pre ban configuration? Or is the pre ban-post ban thing just the date of manufacture?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Preban. Adjustable stock, Flash hider & bayo lug. Made before sept. 94 as complete rifle.

Postban. No adj. stock, no flash hider or lug. Sept 94 - Sept 04.

Current. Adjustable stock, flash hider & lug. Some LE marked, dependent on manufacture.

New Colts going for close to same price. As your rifle is new, moot point.? You can easily recouperate by selling to an AW state, or keep for when our govt pulls this shit again, but who knows how extreme next time. I would have done it also, but like I said, WTFDIK. -Justin
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats what I wanted to know! I am fairly new here, and already have two Ar's bought in about 30 days. 1st. one is a R6600 also, 98%-99%, but doesn't have a bayonet lug. It has a Tando Down Battle grip, Magpul Improved trigger guard, and Wilderness 3 point sling. This one is factory stock, in the box, with all accessories, 30 rd Colt mag, and has a bayonet lug. I am going to shoot the first one and keep the new one in the box. Told the wife that I can't loose money if I want to sell it. I thought I'd buy it while I had the chance before somebody else did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 2:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It's hard to figure what's going to become collectible.  

If you'd been around in the 1890s and you liked M-86 Winchesters conventional wisdom would have said: get the .45-70.  Well, they're worth alot today.........but nowhere near what a .38-70 is worth.  Noone wanted that caliber.  Same goes for the M-94 in 219 Zipper.

So I would argue that noone here can tell you whether you made a mistake with your 6600.  Time alone will tell.

Sam

PS.  I have a minty 6600, too.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's hard to figure what's going to become collectible.  

If you'd been around in the 1890s and you liked M-86 Winchesters conventional wisdom would have said: get the .45-70.  Well, they're worth alot today.........but nowhere near what a .38-70 is worth.  Noone wanted that caliber.  Same goes for the M-94 in 219 Zipper.

So I would argue that noone here can tell you whether you made a mistake with your 6600.  Time alone will tell.

Sam

PS.  I have a minty 6600, too.  

I saw one NIB advertised for $2,000! Price it high, you can always come down!
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:00:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
$1450

Maybe if you don't shoot it you will be able to get your money back from a collector.  

For the money though you could have bought a no-ban Bushmaster to shoot and about 3 cases of ammo.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 4:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
$1450

Maybe if you don't shoot it you will be able to get your money back from a collector.  

For the money though you could have bought a no-ban Bushmaster to shoot and about 3 cases of ammo.

Well, I have the other 6600 that has only 200 rounds through it. I figure I'll shoot it, but not that much! I'll keep the new one unfired in the box, at least I have fraternal twins!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top