Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 2:29:55 PM EST
I don't know what would be best but I think I want a flat top without sights, a barrel that's not to heavy because i'm going to carry it hunting, that is capable of shooting 60-70 grain handloads 1/2 MOA and better. What configuration and whose parts will do it?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:14:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/12/2004 3:21:57 PM EST by POOR_MAN]
What are you hunting with it?

begin looking at different variations in barrels, SS, Chrome-lined, Chrom-moly, and of course overall barrel length. Then look at rifle twist ratios, 1:9, 1:8, 1:7 etc. (You will probably want to go with 1:7) You can have barrels contoured or turned down to reduce wieght. For the "most part", AR parts are all standardized with the exception of out of spec-pins, the gas block and more. Unless your up to it, you should probably have a qualified smith install your desired front sight gas block.

Here is a picture thread from the ADCO forum, It will have many variations of ARs and might help you figure out what exactly you want. Link to ADCO

You probably arlready know this stuf I told you, I am just trying to give you the basics in case you dont know. I hope I helped
Top Top