Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2013 12:21:38 AM EDT
So, about 1 year ago I decided that I wanted to buy an AR-15. I looked around to see what options there were, and decided at that time, I wanted to build one from scratch. I purchased a stripped lower reciever and a kit that included everything I would need to assemble the lower. Then all the craziness happend and we all know how that went. So, because of that I kinda put that project on the side until recently. Now I have begun the build again, and have quickly accumulated most of the parts for the gun except for a couple things.

I would love some feedback as far as if there is anything I am missing, or should think about before I go ahead and put the rest of this together. I have to say, this is far more addicting than I thought it would be, now it makes sense as to why people just keep building these things.
This is what I have so far:

•    Kit of CMMG parts to assemble the lower, including commercial stock and grip.

The one thing I am looking for and have yet to find is the Noveske 16" 5.56mm LW middy barrel. I still haven't decided on sights or compensator, although I plan on getting some sort of flip-up rail sights.

BTW- If any of you happen to know where I might find that barrel, I would be very greatful.
Link Posted: 10/18/2013 3:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice Job s far!
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 12:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Well here is the build so far. Just need to find the barrel, then I can finish her.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/dexterjcrabtree/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a nice barrel.

Getting something in a Wylde chamber is my biggest recommendation.

Looks sweet so far. Get this one done & then build a 6.8 or 300blk upper!

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
You'll like that barrel. I have the 18" LW SS barrel and it's very accurate. I put 15 rounds of Hornady in a grouping the size of my thumbnail at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks nice!
Good job!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top