Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 9:10:48 AM EDT
I had a 'professional' gunsmith at the local blackgun hangout install YHM free float quad's on my M4. Last night after I put my eotech on I noticed the rail is rotated slightly to the right as you look down the barrel. The eotech seems to be basically centered though. I have read that the eotech's are now made to correct a 3degree angle difference...is that what the change in design is for or did I get screwed on the install?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#1]
this happens, i have put rails on and had to go back and recenter them.  Take it back to the place and tell them you are unhappy and to please try to get the rail on as straight as possible, they should be able to do it in under five minutes.

it can be hard to get them on perfect anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it have a lock ring? If it does, loosen the lock ring and put the EOtech on so it covers the flattop and the rail. Once the top and the rail are true, retighten the lock ringwith a flathead and a hammer, the same tools you used to loosen it. IF not, return it and tell the guy to fix it. It's gonna take about 5 mins.
Cwackers
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Just my own curiosity, what make of AR is this on?
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#4]
It's an Oly and it's just a jam nut and barrel nut.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 7:21:38 AM EDT
[#5]
put an a2 handle or something with long picatinny attachment radius ove the upper and floating rail line them up
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top