Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2016 10:26:07 PM EDT

It shot great, which I was relieved to find out.  First AR15 pistol I have ever had and I can't believe I waited so long to build one.  I shot it today in about 3 degrees temp in the woods behind my house and fired 30 rounds.  Very little recoil and was not able to observe any fireballs even though the light was fading, maybe if it was darker I would see it.  Maybe a little louder than a regular AR.  Was awesome to shoot and I used the check weld position.

Used a Thunder Tactical 7.5" SS barrel pistol kit which came with an 80% lower.  I used an Anderson lower for this build and substituted the pistol tube for a KAK tube and Shockwave Blade stock.  Everything else was used from the kit.  I also put on a set of Magpul MBUS flip up sights and the hand stop is also a Magpul item.  I plan to get the 80% lower machined out and eventually use it for another build of some sort.  Maybe a "ghost gun".  LOL
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Job!  I always swap out the stock grip for a more rubberized one.  More comfortable.  Enjoy shooting your pistol.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That pistol looks awesome! I'm shocked you couldn't see the fireball. Are you using an A2 flash hider? What ammo? I'm new to pistols and have a build going myself.

Enjoy the pistol!
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That pistol looks awesome! I'm shocked you couldn't see the fireball. Are you using an A2 flash hider? What ammo? I'm new to pistols and have a build going myself.

Enjoy the pistol!
View Quote

Thanks!  It's an A2 flash hider and was using standard Winchester 55 gr. FMJ.  I saw a spark once but maybe from the side the flash is more visible , I don't know.  Was surprised there wasn't a huge fireball and crippling recoil.  It actually was easier to shoot than a full sized AR.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks!  It's an A2 flash hider and was using standard Winchester 55 gr. FMJ.  I saw a spark once but maybe from the side the flash is more visible , I don't know.  Was surprised there wasn't a huge fireball and crippling recoil.  It actually was easier to shoot than a full sized AR.
View Quote

That is awesome to know. I just bought a 7.5" upper and I am a bit worried of how it will feel. Hearing you say that makes me feel better. I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours. Great looking pistol.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#5]
wow, really nice
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top