Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2007 12:45:30 PM EDT
Well Im going through some configuration changes and just got my SBR paperwork back a few weeks ago. My original intent was to do a 12.5" precision/SBR rifle all in one do everything rifle.  In addition I was going to have a KISS setup to keep in the car at all times. I have been talking in alot of threads and they got me thinking if a 12.5" precision rig was smart or not. I like to shoot a wide variety of ammo so I really should have a plinker/fun gun and a bench/hunting gun.  So this is what Im currently at now. Im thinking a 14.5" Noveske Afgan or 16" Operator barrel for the black lower. The problem I have is that I should have registered the stag lower as a SBR so I had the KNS pins and enhanced trigger guard on the precision rig(easy enough to change) I also have a PRI gasbuster and Young mfg M16 superduty BCG that I dont know which one to use it in.  

So what do you think I should do? Im totally out of money for these things as I sit. I have 2 nice builds but I would still need to buy another set of troy BUIS to complete it. I cant decide if I want to keep the Nightforce scope either as it is very nice but $1300 is a large amount to have sitting in glass(What I paid but I bought and sold and have maybe $800 into it)

Would you combine the rolls of a SBR and Precision into one? I love how the 10.5" handles and the weight is awesome. I just wonder if its smart to have 2 rifles or have one very modular one.

The Acog TA31RCO is sold in the picture and it will probably get a Eotech at some point if I keep it -

Link Posted: 9/14/2007 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Build one as a 16" precision rig.
Build the SBR as a pure CQB rig.

That being said, the CQB rig can still make minute of man hits out to 300yds.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 1:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
So with a CQB rig making hits out to 300yds(the max I really want to practically shoot) couldnt I combine them, reduce my cost of guns by a shitload, and still be happy?

Im just afraid Ill have these 2 really nice rifles and only one will get used to its full potential while the other will be babied and hardly used.  That and $1800 could be eliminated from my collection and put onto something else.

Thanks for the opinions. I know ultimately it will be my choice but Im sure others have been in the same situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 1:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2007 3:59:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So with a CQB rig making hits out to 300yds(the max I really want to practically shoot) couldnt I combine them, reduce my cost of guns by a shitload, and still be happy?
Im just afraid Ill have these 2 really nice rifles and only one will get used to its full potential while the other will be babied and hardly used.  That and $1800 could be eliminated from my collection and put onto something else.
Thanks for the opinions. I know ultimately it will be my choice but Im sure others have been in the same situation.

You can take your SBR and make minute of man hits out to 300yds. While you are doing that next to your friends  who are shooting  grapefruits with their precision (what you should have for 300yd shots), you'll wish you had your precision rifle.

While you are holding your do-all carbine for hours on end during a carbine class, you'll wish you had a light weight cabine like everyone else.

You will be happier, and have more fun doing with your rifle what it was meant to do.

again - mission drives the gear.

Very well said!
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 6:08:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Well said bigbore, I agree completely.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#7]
A little off topic, but I love the way the long handguards look on those two rifles
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
A little off topic, but I love the way the long handguards look on those two rifles

larue makes nices stuff

I do love the troy rails Ive had too though
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#9]
12 1/2" SBR for cqb to 200yds

18" Midlength with glass for precision for 200-600 yds
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you like that stock...been thinking getting one for my 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the pig!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Nice rifles.  I'd probably cut down that panel and pull the bipod back some, but thats just me...

Yep I plan on doing that or just taking the vfg off that rifle and just having a handguard style setup with the panels.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top