Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2005 3:49:53 PM EDT
ok, its not completly a replica but it is a newer updated version. I like having the newer updated upper better than the slab-side upper, it gives it more character.

The components are:

DPMS lower
DPMS A1-E3 upper
DPMS bolt group
McFarland gas rings
DPMS A1 rear sight
CAR15 4-position stock
DPMS LPK
Wilson chrome 11.5" 1-9 twist
Bushmaster 5.5" FH
DanielDefense single point sling mount
TotalSilenceInc. carbine triangle HG's
old school slip ring
Colt 20rd mag
RRA 9mm buffer
PrairieRiverArms teardrop forward assist

it was a great pleasure building this carbine, also the most painful because took so long.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It may be a little late now, but ASA is weeks away from selling "retro" lowers like the one that gun was origionally made on.  Just an option.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Heck, I forgot to say GREAT BUILD!  
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 3:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I LOVE those TS handguards!!

(I really wish someone would step up and produce these: A1 collapsibles as an affordable alternative to the TS version...)

I've been dying to build up a Shorty!!

Great work man.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
no way!!!! well mostly I put the A1-E3 upper on it because it was newer (of course) than the old style, I wanted a retro lower (but couldnt find one cheap) and I also right now have a slab-side upper but didnt opt to use it because of that reason. I also have the 10.25" bbl, the one it is also comes with but I just sent of for the SBR stamp. I couldnt put it on because it would be a no-no. I guess I am goig to be tearing it down once more.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
yeah that XM607 collapsable stock is killer but at $375 it doesnt seem worth it, well, it doesnt really because of the weight factor. right now it is super light, lighter that the M4gery laying beside it even without its carry handle removed. I will probably be buying it anyways but at a slow savings standpoint, I am in no hurry for that, I just sent off $200.00 for that tax stamp.

BTW.............stickman, dont get mad, the A2 handgrip is gone as soon as I get my new A1 grip tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks sweet! I love how everyone is going retro lately!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a terrifc job, donovan!

really nice....... Congratulations!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:26:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
BTW.............stickman, dont get mad, the A2 handgrip is gone as soon as I get my new A1 grip tomorrow.

In God I trust, but everyone here needs to post pictures....
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:38:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In God I trust, but everyone here needs to post pictures....

Looks great...has the essence of a Stickman "original".
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
As for the XM607 buttstocks being $375.  Yes, that's a lot of coin, but many here will spend roughly the same amount for a SureFire light system for their M4gery.

I have two of them.  They are made by hand, not mass-produced by machine.  Each one is hand made to tight tolerances, and hand-fitted.  Lock-up is rock-solid in both the open and closed position, and the latch is as quick to manipulate as a standard CAR stock after you've run it through half-a-dozen open-and-close cycles.

There are also people on this board who have paid $250 for an LMT SOPMOD stock and after several hundred rounds are beginning to get "play" in the latch.  This WILL NOT happen with the XM607 buttstock.  It is solid, heavier than a CAR buttstock - but balances the weapon well, and provides, in my opinion a more stable cheek weld than the CAR stocks (I have two XM607 buttstocks and two SP1 carbine buttstocks and three Gen 1 Colt CAR buttstocks, and one LMT buttstock - so I'm speaking from experience here).

And if your considering an XM607 buttstock for the future - better make it the NEAR future or sell your Walther P22 or something, because there is an announcement in the Industry forum that they have plenty of XM handguards left, but ONLY 10 XM607 buttstocks.  And when they are gone, there will be no more manufactured.

So, if you're wanting one, buy it now.  If you regret it later, post it in the EE and get your money back.  They won't get cheaper.  I don't even have another XM project in the works (though I did just order another set of handguards), but I'm thinking of springing another $375 for one of the last ten buttstocks before they are all gone.

You get what you pay for, and in my opinion, they are the most comfortable collapsing stocks I've ever fired.

Just my .02 cents worth...

And I do not work for, or have met the guys at TSI, but I am a strong advocate of the fact that they provide their customers with a quality product, are excellent to work with, and go along way towards making the cutomer happy.

And when I go to the range, where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone with a tricked-out M4, who gets asked the most often, "Jeez!  That is so cool!  What is it?  Can I shoot it?"  And once you shoot one, you're hooked.

Nice retro with modern touches donovan007007.  I do highly recommend the buttstock if you can spring for it, as they will soon be all gone.

As you can see, I need A1 lowers to make them a truer replica, but I'm working on that,  And I've finished my XM177 and paperwork is pending on an XM177E2:

Otherwise, I'd be ordering another buttstock tomorrow.

Good Luck, and keep us posted!

uxb
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
uxb,

People either understand, or they don't.  I don't think there is any middle ground.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh, I understand!

I've easily got $1200 into what I thought would be a $600 rifle!
I'm sure there are many here who can attest to that...

But there are certain things people just do not like spending a bunch of money on.
(Hence my rather demented attempt at a 607 stock )

Now this:

can be built for much cheaper (but less cooler) and would suit my retro needs juuust fine!

Again, GREAT builds eveyone!
I hope to someday be able to share my own.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:18:58 AM EDT
[#14]
you know what? I kinda feel like a proud father, I finally found a hobbie/interest I truthfully enjoy. The only problem is the $cheese$ I spend, well everthing has its kickbacks.

NOW, what do I build next? I am thinking something totally unique

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:19:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#16]
That is just slick! Nice build.

Note to mods..... We need a Retro Forum! No laser, no phasers, no rails... just plain AR goodness.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Many gorgeous assed rifles in this thread!

Congrats to all you you!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top