BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 1:05:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's an account of my on going Trijicon experience. Back in early June I sent them my 1.25x4 Accupoint because the scope appeared to be full of dust particles. I called them for an RA number and sent it in. After several weeks I called to check on it and to make a long story short got a "replacement" scope back just over TWO MONTHS from the date my scope was invoiced into their system. I was led to believe the replacement would be new. When it arrived I was VERY DISAPPOINTED to find a well used scope! It has pronounced ring marks (my original scope had been in ARMS 22 ring/inserts and had viturally no ring marks) and some of the internal blackening is missing just inside the objective lens! I called to let them know the scope wasn't satisfactory and was told that my account would be examined and I'd be called back. Never got the call so I called them again today. The rep informed me that I had recieved a new scope and insisted this was the case even when it was explained to her the condition of the replacement. Now I've been told to send the replacement scope back for replacement. Damn, I hope it doesn't take 2 more months. If you're buying Trijicon's high $$$ optics for the warranty, good luck...
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Almost forgot, I was told Trijicon WOULD NOT cover the shipping to send their "replacement" scope back! I'll be out a total of about $30 shipping in this deal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't there a war on somewhere?

Do you think the massive expansion, official military purchases, small unit purchases, and individual soldier purchases, has anything to do with your guys recent experiences with warranty work?

I thought Trijicon had a fairly good warranty repair reputation not so long ago.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You send them a really cherry scope that you paid your hard earned $$$ for and get a POS that looks like it's been dragged behind a truck back and then comment on their quality warranty. Bet you'll feel different.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I KNEW somebody would bring this up.  

Is Trijicon a company that sells to the public?  Yeah?  Then they should stand by their warranty, war or not.

They should NOT say that repairs will take 4 weeks if they'll really take 5 or 6 months.  They should also pay attention to their work.  Had they done so, there would be NO issue and I would have had the scope back sometime in late May, early June.

I absolutely agree with you.

I also know that when many businesses expand they have problems.

I think Trijicon has those growing pains, as well as a whooping demand for there product.

I've seen links to employment adds for them. The wages don't look very good. I'm also guessing alot of their jobs are "high skill" jobs that aren't quick or easy to train people to do. I would also guess that because of the product, the training is very specific to Trijicon. So every new hire has to be trained.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You send them a really cherry scope that you paid your hard earned $$$ for and get a POS that looks like it's been dragged behind a truck back and then comment on their quality warranty. Bet you'll feel different.

Simmah down.

I have 2 Trijicon scopes, and a bunch of other Trijicon products.

My understanding, until OIF, people that activiated the Trijicon warranty were quite happy with th result.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:02:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I gave her a piece of my mind.  

\

I can certainly feel your pain. Did you talk with Carrie? She insisted that I was sent a new scope in direct contradiction to what I was telling her. Based on that and the tone of her voice I kinda felt like I was being called a liar. Totally unacceptable.

Tomorrow I'll send the scope back with a detailed letter and hope for the best. Anyone know who runs things at Trijicon? I'd like the letter to go to them as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear you guys are having problems, I have sent in several scopes over the years and they have always treated me right.

I've dealt with Carrie and Jolene and had nothing but good service.   Sorry you weren't as lucky, hope things work out.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:45:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Giving the poor clerk who answers the telephone a "piece of your mind" is a sure way to get your work order accidently dropped behind a filing cabinet or at best slid in under the rest of the pile...

-- Chuck

This has footing in the real world. However that IS what they get paid for - not cursing, swearing - but a clear vocalization of unsatisfactory work or customer service is valid. If you are getting no satisfaction move your grip up the food chain. Get disrespected ... go top down - call to CEO or President and piss loudly (facts, dates, names, occurances) - stern inflection. You pay damn good money for a WARANTEE - DEMAND satisfaction ... and document document DOCUMENT (keep copies of everything) it is the ONLY written proof you have!

Good luck - hope it get resolved to YOUR satisfaction.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I recently purchased my first ACOG, a new TA-01.  For the cost of these scopes I was kind of hoping I'd never need their customer service department.  Sorry to hear you guys had/have problems with them.  

i agree, lots of negative things here,

Sorry to hear you guys are having problems, I have sent in several scopes over the years and they have always treated me right.

several

what is it that is going awry with these scopes?, mods, or breakage
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I've had to deal with Trijicon customer service several times now and always been pleased with the experience. Sorry to hear that they seem to be falling off their previously high standards for service. Good luck getting it worked out and let us know how it ends up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:07:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Giving the poor clerk who answers the telephone a "piece of your mind" is a sure way to get your work order accidently dropped behind a filing cabinet or at best slid in under the rest of the pile...

-- Chuck

I agree with you on this and was, in fact, very nice to the girl on the phone partly for the reasons you stated and because that's the way to treat people in general. She conflicted the story I told her. She will have the scope sent directly back to her so she can see it for herself. I'm half expecting to be accused of mounting it, hope I'm wrong here.

I can see where Brouhaha could get a little torqued and let her know about it though. Sounds like his case got bungled pretty bad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Get disrespected ... go top down - call to CEO or President and piss loudly (facts, dates, names, occurances) - stern inflection. You pay damn good money for a WARANTEE - DEMAND satisfaction ... and document document DOCUMENT (keep copies of everything) it is the ONLY written proof you have!

Good advice. I'll be getting digital pics as further documentation before the scope gets sent back today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:26:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I had a TA-01B that had a windage problem, it took 7 weeks to fix (Mid-2003) but was done right and at no cost although I was not the original owner.  Had night sights installed on a pistol at the same time, no problem. FU's happen sometimes several in a row, give them a chance to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Their chance to fix it is coming up. My scope went back today.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:05:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm sure the rifle will preform great without the ACOG, it has great back-up irons,right!!!!!!!!!!

junk
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#23]
One thing that hasn't been brought up, but if I were sending one of their scopes back for a problem, I'd take pictures of it and record the serial number.

Could be the problem in the one case was scope was acidentally mixed up with a different Repair Order.

Lonny
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I've corrisponded with Carrie both on the phone and email. Always found the service and speed of replies top notch. Had an issue with the fiber optic on my TA31F, called in and she told me to send it in (didn't need any warentee info as they went off the S#). Scope came back in about 4-5 weeks ( I never order or send something to get fixed if I can't wait for it). Even though they service ticket said it was cosmetic issue the replace the fiber optic no charge. Called Carrie and said that if nothing was wrong they didn't have to replce it, she informed me that seeing it was in they would replace it (small cracks in the fiber). Great service all round and this was during the height of the war last year.
Sorry to hear your experience wasn't good.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm sure the rifle will preform great without the ACOG, it has great back-up irons,right!!!!!!!!!!

junk

Yeah. Just hate irons these days. I'm so spoiled.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#26]
should'a bought an aimpoint  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:40:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Yep, me too. My Aimpoint sighted Colt is the current shooter while Trijicon has my scope.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:06:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Been a Trijicon user for ten years.

If its between you, the private citizen, and the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, & Airmen who use Trijicon optics in the Global War on Terror than I would choose the later.  Killing terrorists is more important than tricking out your rifle that will be protecting the interior of your safe.  If you're a cop and use it for work than thats another story.

If you are dissatisfied with their service department than go find a superior optic...woops, you can't!
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:31:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Ok, you wanted your scope switched (which I doubt they have to do under warranty), they said they would do it for free.

You decided to put your scope and a buddies scope in the same package for return at the same time?

Am I getting this right?

While they may have dropped the ball, imho, you have some culpability. Mistakes happen, you wanted red, you got red & red.

I would say next time you have one broken one, send it in with parameters of work. KISS.

I have never heard of a "group warranty repair deal" .

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Been a Trijicon user for ten years.

If its between you, the private citizen, and the Marines, Soldiers, Sailors, & Airmen who use Trijicon optics in the Global War on Terror than I would choose the later.  Killing terrorists is more important than tricking out your rifle that will be protecting the interior of your safe.  If you're a cop and use it for work than thats another story.

If you are dissatisfied with their service department than go find a superior optic...woops, you can't!

I think this was previously addressed. We all agree that the military comes first. Problem is, Trijicon is willing to accept our money and should gear up to handle warranty for us all. If you'd read the entire post you'll see that in both cases the time it took to get the scopes back was only part of the problem. Both were/are customer relations screw ups and should have been handled differently.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:Customer service was spoken to.  I was told to ship them like I did.  I followed every direction that they gave me.

Before I got both back at the same time, I spoke to customer service.  I was told that my scope was done and would be shipped back by itself.  But they were out of amber prisms, so the other would take slightly longer and would ship out separately.  A week later I find two scopes in the package.

A little different story than I envisioned from the first reading.

They fucked up.

Lets hope they make it right before Christmas (unless John Kerry need it for Cambodia).
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Good way to scare someone away from Trijicon products. This kinda thing makes me wonder if getting one of their scopes/reflexes is really worth the hassel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
OK, time for an update. Last week I sent the replacement Accupoint back to Trijicon with a detailed letter covering the whole situation and a request for a new scope. Called and talked with last Jolene Tuesday. She was very nice and told me she had personally handled my case and a NEW scope would be going out 2nd day air. Well, today I recieved the scope! TRIJICON DID THE RIGHT THING IN THE END. I wish the screw up hadn't cost me 2 1/2 months but they did respond much faster and more appropriately the second time.  I just wanted to give them credit here for straightening this problem out.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#36]
OK guys, I'm curious. (no not that way) If the Trijicons are so good, how come there are so many people complaining and sending them back? and you guys who say they're customer service is so great, why do you need it if the product is so great? I'm not trying to start an argument but I want to know before i buy an acog. I know i've had to return a trijicon night sight for my 1911 because one of them didn't glow.  ??????? All BS aside, how many years/rounds can I expect from an ACOG on my m-4?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#37]
You'll always hear more horror stories than you will "Nothing has ever gone wrong with my Trijicon" stories.

Anybody on the fence about buying a Trijicon, don't be. They are the best. Even the best will break or be broken from time to time. A friend dropped my Reflex equipped AR a long time ago and cracked the fiber optic housing. I sent it in years later and they fixed it no problem. Even upgraded some screws that are different on the newer models.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#38]

I didn't know about all these problems with Trijicon. I have a problem of my own where some of the red is gone so there are clear see through dots where it should be a solid line. Hmmmm. It's only a year old.

The only other problem with a Trijicon I knew of before was this guy in Afghanistan (yes I save a few old links here and there): www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=180569&r=&page=1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]
I have only had positive experiences with Trijicon customer service. More than positive. They have replaced things that really should not have been covered under warranty.

As to the "why," I handle some of the armory issues for a decent -sized LE agency. With that much gear, used for that long, something is bound to break. We have ACOGs that are over 10 years old.

My best CS stories with them involve surplus optics, as we can get gear, including nice optics at times, for free from the military. Often, gear we get from the military is a crap shoot; you never know how good the stuff will be until it shows up. Recently, we got a batch of ACOGs in from a DRMO site on the east coast. It was obvious that they were just back from the sandbox, as they were painted tan. Most were just fine and worked great, but a couple of them  had rather obviously been in an explosion, fire or both, as they were battered, heat distorted and blackened. I called Trijicon anyways, and told them the deal. They told me to send them back, and they would let me know how much it would cost to fix them. The short story; they fixed them, at no charge, even though we were not the original user, and gear that was blown up in the conduct of a war should in no reasonable way be considered to be under warranty. And, they have always gotten gear back to me in just a few weeks. They have top-notch CS in my experience.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

As to the "why," I handle some of the armory issues for a decent -sized LE agency.

Yeah, I was asked early on if I was LE or military. My feeling if that I actually pay for my stuff and shouldn't be treated as some second class customer. I do realize that some LE and military pay for their own gear too. As stated earlier in this thread, it's obvious that our military troops need priority but Trijicon needs to gear up to handle their customers' demand.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:39:17 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As to the "why," I handle some of the armory issues for a decent -sized LE agency.

Yeah, I was asked early on if I was LE or military. My feeling if that I actually pay for my stuff and shouldn't be treated as some second class customer. I do realize that some LE and military pay for their own gear too. As stated earlier in this thread, it's obvious that our military troops need priority but Trijicon needs to gear up to handle their customers' demand.

You know, I hadn't really thought about that, but I have always seemed to get excellent customer service when dealing with any of the big players (Aimpoint, EOTech, Trijicon, SIG, well, maybe not so Colt, though it was passable...). Since I have always done it in an "official" capacity, maybe I have experienced better service because I was doing it on the behalf of a civilian LE agency. Regardless, my CS experiences have gernerally been positive.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I want a pic of Carrie and Jolene...
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top