Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/13/2003 7:57:53 PM EDT
In my quest to build my own (first) AR15, I have been alternating purchases by acquiring magazines here and there as I come across deals and available funds. This weekend my wife and I were in a sporting/surplus store and they had packaged AR-15 30rd steel mags for sale. $13 bucks. In my haste I thought they were the European ones, but as I later found out at home (and from the Mag faq), I had acquired a disgusting turd of a magazine made by USA. It ranks the bottom of the list.

It seats fine in my lower, but wont drop on its own, and I wont know how well it feeds until I get my upper. What are the chances I may actually be able to put this thing to good use? I can get my money back but it was only $13, so Im not losing any sleep over it. I'm just disgusted with not paying closer attention to my decision.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:24:39 PM EDT
File or sand out the Mag. receiver opening and try to drop again. Sounds like it has some casting flaws. That is if you are building an 80% lower. If you already have a factory completed lower then you need to do something else. Like getting a new mag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:36:37 PM EDT
Ok, thanks, I'll be taking that mag back tomorrow after work then. I'll ask them to make a trade for some other stuff I wanted instead of my money back. I only decided on the mag because I felt it was time to pick up another mag for the collection.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:04:03 PM EDT
If that fails you could use it as a pen and pencil holder.[lol] Seriously I would just bring it back . Good luck
Top Top