Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/13/2003 7:57:53 PM EDT
In my quest to build my own (first) AR15, I have been alternating purchases by acquiring magazines here and there as I come across deals and available funds. This weekend my wife and I were in a sporting/surplus store and they had packaged AR-15 30rd steel mags for sale. $13 bucks. In my haste I thought they were the European ones, but as I later found out at home (and from the Mag faq), I had acquired a disgusting turd of a magazine made by USA. It ranks the bottom of the list.

It seats fine in my lower, but wont drop on its own, and I wont know how well it feeds until I get my upper. What are the chances I may actually be able to put this thing to good use? I can get my money back but it was only $13, so Im not losing any sleep over it. I'm just disgusted with not paying closer attention to my decision.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
File or sand out the Mag. receiver opening and try to drop again. Sounds like it has some casting flaws. That is if you are building an 80% lower. If you already have a factory completed lower then you need to do something else. Like getting a new mag.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thanks, I'll be taking that mag back tomorrow after work then. I'll ask them to make a trade for some other stuff I wanted instead of my money back. I only decided on the mag because I felt it was time to pick up another mag for the collection.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If that fails you could use it as a pen and pencil holder.[lol]

Seriously I would just bring it back . Good luck
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top