Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2002 3:52:30 AM EDT
I while ago I purchased a stripped RRA lower in anticipation to build my own AR-15. I originally wanted to do it peice by piece but some of the kit prices out there are extremely attractive.

I want to build a standard 20" A2 type rifle, no frills, just something to go to the range with.

I was looking at Model 1 sales and JT distributing for their kits. How do these stack up? Do both kits come with an assembled, barreled receiver? Will I need any specialty tools?

Are there any other kits in this price range I should look at?
Link Posted: 10/29/2002 4:22:47 AM EDT
[#1]
You can get a completely assembled upper and all you have to do is put it on the lower but it depends if you want the to gain the experience and knowledge that goes along with assembleing it yourself. I built a RRA m4 from scratch with no problem but there is an extra expence for the necessary tools to do it right such as the reciever block for the vice, barrel wrench, the necessary punches, hammer and torque wrench(which most have already),etc. With that stripped lower you do have to get a lower parts kit and an A2 stock which should have the buffer tube, spring and buffer with it and your lower is done. Should only take you 1-2 hours to get that lower done. Never dealt with neither of those dealers but I can suggest Pete-in-NH or Georgia Precision. They both deal in RRA parts. Check them out on the Equipment Exchange. I know Pete can either build the upper for you or send you the parts and he is super fast on his service.
Link Posted: 10/30/2002 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Our uppers come with the uppers completely assembled and headspaced.  The only tools that are needed are for the lower, roll pin punches, screw driver, hammer, and an adjustable wrench.

Jesse
Link Posted: 10/31/2002 3:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Jesse,

I will be ordering one of your kits today.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]
ON A GOOD NOTE I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT J&T DISTRIBUTING IN THE PAST YEAR OF BUYING KITS AND ACCESSORIES HAS THE BEST STAFF AND A VERY FAST TURN AROUND IN DELIVERING GOODS. THEY HAVE MY VOTE FOR ANY AR PROJECT.
Link Posted: 11/2/2002 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll second that, J&T service and quality was excellent...they get my vote!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top