Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2004 4:15:43 PM EDT
Well after 6months of headaches, red tape and paper war my very first AR has arrived. Not easy when you are way down here in NZ. It's my very first after promising I would one day own one 17 years ago. Its RRA 20 inch Varmint. Price was good.
Is there anything I need to know before giving it the big test apart from cleaning the barrel etc first.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Mike I normally clean it like its already been fired and lube it really well on the first trip ot. For break in. Not dripping but alittle extra. Thats just me. Take good USGI mags and good Ammo. What chamber did you get. 5.56 0r Wylde or a match .223 ? I take it you got a wydle or Match chamber since it's a varmiter rifle.  Nice rifle. Good luck and enjoy, WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
THANKS FOR THE ADVISE.
MOST OF MY SHOOTING EXPERIENCE IS BOLT ACTION RIFLES AND 1911 PISTOLS. I FIGURED AN AR WOULD MAKE A PERFECT MATCH FOR MY STI PISTOL.
MIKE
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 4:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!  Enjoy your new toy, it will have been worth the wait!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top