Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 5:00:22 PM EDT
Hi gang, been around awhile checking things out finally became active after deciding to build my first AR rather than buying a ready made froma dealer. Partly due to cost, but the main reason is building the AR will give me an intimate understanding of how it functions and how to trouble shoot it if and when it doesn't.
Not sure what I'll be doing with it yet other than plinking, but could possibly do some competiton later on.
Soooooo....here is the scenario:

RRA A2 upper, most likely complete this time around but not sure if it will be 16" or 20"
RRA stripped lower and RRA parts kit, not sure on single stage or 2 stage trigger
Thoughts on which way to go?

I figure I'll need at the least:
bolt-standard or chrome?
bolt carrier group/assembly
bolt carrier key
stock-standard, 4 or 6 position collapsable?
Aside from magazines and ammo what else will I need to make the firearm fully functional?

Looking forward to hearing from you and your advise...thanks, mack
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:26:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 5:29:53 PM EDT by r4nger]

Originally Posted By mack69:
not sure on single stage or 2 stage trigger
Thoughts on which way to go?

Thats up to you...if your big into range shooting and like the feel of a 2 stage than go for that. Its totally your choice there.

Originally Posted By mack69:
I figure I'll need at the least:
bolt-standard or chrome? Just a reg RRA bolt will do fine.
bolt carrier group/assembly If you get the bolt group that is everything...bolt carrier and bolt but you may have already known that
bolt carrier key Do you mean charging handle?
stock-standard, 4 or 6 position collapsable? Again another personal preference
Aside from magazines and ammo what else will I need to make the firearm fully functional? Sounds like ya got it

Looking forward to hearing from you and your advise...thanks, mack

May I suggest this site as a possibly place to purchase www.ar15sales.com/
I ordered all my RRA stuff there and the guy is nice...good prices and he ships the stuff out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:12:53 PM EDT
Make sure that you only buy USGI mags. Anything else is just a waste of time and money.
Top Top