Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 9:29:36 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I went to the Sun Cost Gun Show it Tampa today and was in search for my first AR. Well I was stuck inbetween the S&W MP15T or the Bushmaster Moduler Carbine. Both of them looked like they were geared to what I wanted but something lucky happened for me. As I was walking in there was a guy with a Smith & Wesson 357 Magnium and a Bush Master carrying case with a sign on it "BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED Bushmaster A3 16in Carbine; 2-Mags, 2-Stocks for $850. I offered the guy $700 right off the bat without even entering the gun show to get a feel for him, but he decilined. Three hours later after I had confirmed a Bush Master Moduler Carbine for $1,275 with a booth, I went over to Anvil Arms and spoke with the owner (Jon) and by chance the sellers came back and told me I could take it for $700! I asked Jon from Anvil Arms to inspect the gun for me and he did it with great detail and said a shot has never been fired through the gun and declared it a great buy, so long story short, I got the gun!

I wanted to know which Flash Suppressor I could add to my gun and which type of pistol grip is recommended? Also I am considering a red dot?

MANY THANKS TO ANVIL ARMS and the rest of the great members at the site!!!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 9:35:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 9:35:29 PM EDT by 20iner]
First off, you need some pics!

Secondly, welcome to the site!!

If you have a 16" bbl, you can use any flash suppressor. The Phantom, Vortex, and A2 birdcage seem to be the most popular. You can use any pistol grip as long as you like the feel of it. I recommend the standard A2 grip or the Hogue grip. For high quality dot sights, check out the EoTech or the Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:04:39 PM EDT
Congrats!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:30:46 PM EDT
Congrats! It was my first AR as well
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:40:18 PM EDT
Great score, brother! I am also considering getting a Bushmaster Modular Carbine but the Bushmaster you got is an excellent deal. Have fun shooting and post some photos!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:43:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:11:28 AM EDT
great deal, congrats!

we need pics

as to a flash suppressor, i'd look into: Phantom, Vortex, and the std A2 (in that order)

grips, well there are a few out there, i'd recommend: Ergo, Tango Downs, Hogues, magpul MIAD, 1st Samco G27, and the duckbill A1 grips

red dot, well do you want a tough, duty one or a clone? if its a real one, i'd look into EoTechs and Aimpoints; clones, well, the SPOT aimpoint clone seems to be ok
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 12:16:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 5:55:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By asif2002:
Hey guys,
I went to the Sun Cost Gun Show it Tampa today and was in search for my first AR. Well I was stuck inbetween the S&W MP15T or the Bushmaster Moduler Carbine. Both of them looked like they were geared to what I wanted but something lucky happened for me. As I was walking in there was a guy with a Smith & Wesson 357 Magnium and a Bush Master carrying case with a sign on it "BRAND NEW, NEVER FIRED Bushmaster A3 16in Carbine; 2-Mags, 2-Stocks for $850. I offered the guy $700 right off the bat without even entering the gun show to get a feel for him, but he decilined. Three hours later after I had confirmed a Bush Master Moduler Carbine for $1,275 with a booth, I went over to Anvil Arms and spoke with the owner (Jon) and by chance the sellers came back and told me I could take it for $700! I asked Jon from Anvil Arms to inspect the gun for me and he did it with great detail and said a shot has never been fired through the gun and declared it a great buy, so long story short, I got the gun!

I wanted to know which Flash Suppressor I could add to my gun and which type of pistol grip is recommended? Also I am considering a red dot?

MANY THANKS TO ANVIL ARMS and the rest of the great members at the site!!!

Sweet deal.

Jealous!

Subtract stock and mag, ballpark at 70 bucks, you got a new carbine for $630.00!!

Tax free too, I'd wager!

Link Posted: 8/13/2007 6:07:39 AM EDT
Great buy!

For flash suppressors, I like the Phantom 5C2 and Vortex. I would only keep the A2 if you had to.

For pistol grips, get the MIAD and figure out what combination works for you. I love mine because I could sit and swap parts until I found the perfect combination. Get the "full kit" first so you can try out all the different parts, then you can see if the regular kit has the parts you need for your next rifle (and there WILL be a next rifle).

For dot sights, I like Aimpoint, but EOTech is an equally good choice. It just all comes down to what reticle pattern you want. Take a look at Aimpoint's new micro, or if you want something different, check out LaRue's IronDot setup.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:56:45 PM EDT
Hey guys,
I was recommended to Dow in Dade City Florida to have my barrel threaded for a flash suppresor. I really want to get the stock sights zeroed in so I can get a couple of rounds through it and get a feel for it. I will try to post pics of it soon.

Where is the best place to purchase flash suppressors?

Thanks again to all!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 11:37:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2007 11:44:50 PM EDT by Scotter260]
You might want to try Randall at this link.

He's an Industry Partner and I understand he does great work.

However, if your lead can do a good job for the right price you won't have to ship.

DPMS has a pretty large selection of flash hiders/compensators. I believe if you spend over $35 you get free shipping. You could also pick up some NHTMG 20-rounders on sale from them to get your total up.

Good luck either way and for crying out loud, can we get some pics?!?!??!

Scott
Top Top