Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:08:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2005 11:23:59 AM EDT by voodochild]
Here is what I was thinking of getting for my first AR along with an A.R.M.S. SIR an Aimpoint ML2 or 3 a Surefire M900-A and maybe a Gemtech M4-96D Can. Any suggestions would be welcomed and helpful.

Entry Tactical

32 looks and no comments or suggestions? Come on now people dont be scared.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:04:39 PM EDT

Can you order it without the goofy handle (and get a discount)? If you're going to put optics on there, I imagine you're going to stop using the handle at some point, and a variety of BUIS are lighter and easier to use as back-up sights.

Just an opinion, not trying to knock your choice - that RRA model is a great rifle, and RRA have quickly developed an outstanding reputation!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:12:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
Can you order it without the goofy handle (and get a discount)? If you're going to put optics on there, I imagine you're going to stop using the handle at some point, and a variety of BUIS are lighter and easier to use as back-up sights.

Just an opinion, not trying to knock your choice - that RRA model is a great rifle, and RRA have quickly developed an outstanding reputation!

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
I would dump the SIR as long as we are all being honest..... plenty of cheaper rails out there doing at least as good of a job, if not better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:25:43 PM EDT
So what kind of rail would you suggest Stickman?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
There is a long thread regarding rails, and it ends up being a matter of taste. I guess one of the biggest questions is whether you need to free float the barrel or not. Non-free floated is much cheaper, and does much the same thing with the exception of allowing you to mount optics.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=172238

Top Top