Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT

And it really took no time at all to pull this one off. I'm glad I had alittle help, Thanks JKH
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is this something you cobbled up yourself, or was it one of those ASA deals?

That's cool either way.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#2]
No it is a DPMS upper receiver that they had for awhile and was selling parts to make side charging uppers but DPMS stop making them and I got the upper at a deal but I took a L1A1 charging handle and fabricated the side cocking handle and sloted the bolt and now I have a side cocker.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice job , looks cool. What did you slot the bolt ?  Thanks for the pics .

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Mitch,

Looks great, whats your barrel and float tube?

I had mine out today shooting woodchucks with my younger son, these work really well but would be even better with a standard A3 flat top or at least the DPMS low pro. Mine sports a 24" DPMS 1 in 9 tube with a Bushy V Match one pice float tube, very accurate.

Please post a range report when you have a chance.

Jeff
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a Hogue free float tube and a Colt H-Bar barrel, with a Cav arms post ban brake.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
slidestop, I judt used my dreminal to cut my bolt.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:27:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Cool. It ought to be a big hit at the next C.E. shoot. Nice work-
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:04:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of a Commonwealth folder you should've used an Israeli cocking handle 'cuz we haven't had a good Forward Assist Flame War in a while. [:P]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Tits.

mpearcex

I judt used my dreminal to cut my bolt.
View Quote

Is that cut all the way through to the bolt?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top