BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:45:19 PM EDT
My favorite excuse to buy ammo is....

I need it for SHTF....

Seems to be valid around here!

do you believe it or like me sorta half believe it but use it mainly to buy it up.

oh yea my second favorite excuse is, I need to try this brand I've never seen before...
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Kind of a loaded question, but I'll play.....

depends of how we are defining SHTF???  

I just had a conversation with a work buddy of mine.  He is a hunter and an outdoorsman and he spent about 10 minutes explaining to me why taxing "certain calibers" of ammo would be a good idea....
His reasons of course were the usual liberal "stop crime" stuff.  But, I was stunned that this kind of stuff would come from a hunter.  

In all reality, I think I have enough ammo for any plausible SHTF scenario given my AO.  Heck, I am probably prepared for the first year or two of an EOTWAWKI scenario even.  But, I don't think anyone can really be totally prepared for a Political Encoachment Negating Indespensible Supplies scenario.

If you can see the acronym, you'll know that the more ammo you have on hand means the less likely you are to get screwed when the political dicks running the show get excited.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
SHTF means so many things to so many people. To me, it means 2 things:

1. Defending your homestead for an extended period of time against those who will "Have Not" when and if the bottom falls out of our world as we know it. For this reason, I always have an ample supply of 5.56, .308, 45ACP, and 12 GA. Way to much to carry if the next situation occurs.

2. Getting out of town through the "adverse conditions" that are trying to keep you contained, and then foraging for survival. In this scenario, I'd probably grab one ammo can of 840 rounds of XM193, (in addition ot the 180 rounds on my vest), one ammo can of .308, one ammo can of .45, a case of 12 GA. (Mostly Game Loads), and a few thousand rounds of 22LR.

The probability of either if these 2 happening in my life time (I'll be dead by 2030) I think are less than .1%. So, how do we justify our "Stashes" ???....We don't need to because we are FREE!!!!!!

Just my .02 cents worth.

Tack
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds cooler than,

"Buying in bulk is cheaper"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#4]

But, I don't think anyone can really be totally prepared for a Political Encoachment Negating Indespensible Supplies scenario.

I think I know what you're saying:  Very Agressive Government Intrusion 'N' Assraping.

Seriously though. If it ever came to that I think it would turn into all out civil war and some of the good guys (us) would have control of production plants and distribution. There would be ways to get it.

So, how do we justify our "Stashes" ???....We don't need to because we are FREE!!!!!!
I like that statement!

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
loaded question?

just wanted to know if anyone had a really good "excuse" they use to buy ammo!

I try to find a few new ones every year... :)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
loaded question?

I try to find a few new ones every year... :)

When hoarding 2,500 plus rounds of Boxed IMI M855 got my fiancee's attention, I told her that they were future collector's items.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Because a rifle without ammo is nothing more than a fancy tomato stake.  That's why.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]

I have explained to my girlfriend that my buying 1000's of rounds is a way of saving money.

You see, the XM193 ammo is extremely hard to find and is going up in price at an alarming rate. If I buy in bulk now, I will be saving money in the future. And if I happen to fall on hard times. I can always sell the ammo for profit. But only if it I buy it now!

Pretty good, huh?

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top