Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 5:05:16 AM EDT
A had an epiphany last night about a conundrum that has bothered my for a while now.
I'm planing on sending my M-4 to Walter Birdsong for a Green-T finish job. It will be my little green meanie when it's finished. Anyway, I have 2 Colt pre-b's both slab sided, & I truly wish they had the rail around the safety, & along the bottom of the dust cover.I also have a post ban available that I made into a sporter from the upper I took off the preban Colt for my pa, & I had considered sending that in, but it would be an illegal weapon with the adjustable stock. I made my M-4 out of the receiver that has the black block because that rifle also had the bayonet lug ground off, & I figured I would kill 2 birds with one stone, by changing the upper to one with a lug. I had considered cutting the block out of my M-4 lower, but decided against it as I don't want 2 unplugged holes in it. Last night while I was trying to put in a A.S. trigger group that wouldn't fit in because of the block it hit me lick a ton of bricks. Just switch the M-4 upper, & the stock onto the Colt H-BAR lower, & solve the whole problem that stinking easily. I truly don't know why I never thought of it before now, I guess it was just tunnel vision, in wanting to maintain the integrity of the H-BAR, which is still possible due to them both being Colts.
Also the H-BAR's mag well is looser than the M-4's, as I tried all my mags for free fall empty from them both, & many wouldn't fall from the M-4's receiver that would fall from the H-BAR's.
1 more problem solved in the idea to change receivers, as I shoot my M-4 all the time, & my H-bar I shoot much less. The M-4 would be my shtf gun if I thought I would need to grab something. It's all good man! It's just all plain good!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
 I had a similar epiphany concerning what to do with the slab side Match HBAR I am not using....but i forgot it!!!!!  I hate it when I do that.
 Concerning your green meanie...I would love to see a pick when your don...I have an old SGW gun that I am refitting with Bushmaster/Colt and RRA stuff and am going to have AZEX Arms do a green coat on it...so far the green AR's that I have seen in person look great!
 Good luck on your project!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
From a show my High School son watches:

First girl to another:

"Did you convince your grandmother that it was time to leave?"

Second girl:

"I may have had a hand in her epiphany"

First girl:

"I hope you washed it thoroughly"

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 I had a similar epiphany concerning what to do with the slab side Match HBAR I am not using....but i forgot it!!!!!  I hate it when I do that.
 Concerning your green meanie...I would love to see a pick when your don...I have an old SGW gun that I am refitting with Bushmaster/Colt and RRA stuff and am going to have AZEX Arms do a green coat on it...so far the green AR's that I have seen in person look great!
 Good luck on your project!
View Quote

Thanks Desertmoon, I will do my best to get a good before, & after picture to post when I  get it done, & good luck with your projects as well.[bow]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
After you get the rifle back from being refinished in green, don't forget to post pics!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't use no conundrums. My wife takes "the pill."

Sorry, just had to say that!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top