Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 1:02:37 PM EDT
I know I've seen this happen before and recommendation for fixing it. I can't find them. I searched "trigger guard" but nothing came up.

I am thinking I will have to either drill it out but I don't have a drill press for one...

Anyway I could tap the roll-pin and pull it out? Doubtful right?

Or is it possible to simple cut the pin between the lower and the trigger guard. That would at least release the trigger guard. Then punch the remaining pin through.

That might salvage the trigger guard too?
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
mask with duct tape......thin cutoff wheel and a dremel.........cut the pin.......honestly...I'd cut the triggerguard to not mar the lower.....but it can be done
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
mask with duct tape......thin cutoff wheel and a dremel.........cut the pin.......honestly...I'd cut the triggerguard to not mar the lower.....but it can be done

His already marked up that area of the lower petty good
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Drill it. Steady hand and a bit a size or two smaller than the roll pin.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Use a nice colbalt bit to drill it out with, should cut like butter.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Colbalt you say... That's what I'll try.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh it's screwed already just have him buy him a new one and then you can buy that one from him a greatly reduced cost or just offer to take it off his hands.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Use a nice colbalt bit to drill it out with, should cut like butter.

yup,cobalt.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I did the same thing. I took a small drill and drilled into the roll pin a little ways, when I reversed it the pin came out enough to get a hold of it with some vice grips. Pulled it right out, piece of cake.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did the same thing. I took a small drill and drilled into the roll pin a little ways, when I reversed it the pin came out enough to get a hold of it with some vice grips. Pulled it right out, piece of cake.

Pulled out, uh, well I'll start with that as I have those tools on hand.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top