Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/27/2003 6:54:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/27/2003 9:57:09 AM EDT by FrankSquid]
I locked and trashed a thread yesterday that shouldn't have been locked and trashed. There was a link posted by uglygun that contained a few, but not all, pictures from a series, that described in detail how to manufacture Lightning Links. The picture with the critical dimensions was NOT included in the link.

Uglygun, I apologize for incorrectly blaming you for the locking of the Lightning Link thread.

David_Hineline has asked me to move any questionable NFA threads to the M16-full auto forum so that the mods there can decide if it's going beyond the limits towards evil and illegal discussion.

I made a mistake. It probably wont be my last but I'll do my best not to do it again.

Frank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
After seeing all the locked threads last night, I wondered why the the original thread wasn't transfered to the M-16 F.A. forum. But the rest of the threads were out of control due to a couple of (former?) members displays of childish behavior. You did alright, Squidward.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:44:10 AM EDT
It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong. Thanks for being a good moderator. Perhaps when these threads come up, we need to divert them to the FA threads.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:55:27 AM EDT
Nope, can't fool me. You're power hungry and this is just a ruse to flummox us into believing your a warm and feeling individual who considers us as peers. Not me. Boy I got you spotted, you probably feel our pain. ah HAA. Actually I like the moderated sites, we get enough crap on the computer from folks that think we are small in some ways, keeping a lid on is far preferrable than the alternative.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:41:19 AM EDT
FrankSquid, thx for the reply. I didn't think there was anything questionable with the link I posted because it was largely an educational site dealing with legal to own NFA items. I do understand how you could be hesitant or cautious though knowing the source/history of the old webpage where some of those diagrams in question came from. It was a judgement call but heck, I figured you would have recognized quarterbore's webpage and figured it was sterilized :) I gotta say, the lightning link is a pretty novel approach as far as design goes. That's the only reason why I posted the link really so that those who wanted to know what they were could get a bit of understanding of how they function. Anyhow, so long as the educational discussion is allowed to continue that's all I care about. Having a good knowledge of the NFA rules and regulation is definitely advisable for anyone who's interested in such toys and I really think it's part of this site's mission to help people increase their understanding. That said, I can TOTALLY understand where your coming from with regards to posting of plans, instructions, or other information on how to manufacture/modify firearms in a non-legal manner. Catch you later, I'm off to lunch.
Top Top