Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/27/2003 6:54:55 AM EDT
I locked and trashed a thread yesterday that shouldn't have been locked and trashed. There was a link posted by uglygun that contained a few, but not all, pictures from a series, that described in detail how to manufacture Lightning Links. The picture with the critical dimensions was NOT included in the link.

Uglygun, I apologize for incorrectly blaming you for the locking of the Lightning Link thread.

David_Hineline has asked me to move any questionable NFA threads to the M16-full auto forum so that the mods there can decide if it's going beyond the limits towards evil and illegal discussion.

I made a mistake. It probably wont be my last but I'll do my best not to do it again.

Frank.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:35:56 AM EDT
[#1]
After seeing all the locked threads last night, I wondered why the the original thread wasn't transfered to the M-16 F.A. forum. But the rest of the threads were out of control due to a couple of (former?) members displays of childish behavior.
You did alright, Squidward.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It takes a big man to admit when he was wrong. Thanks for being a good moderator. Perhaps when these threads come up, we need to divert them to the FA threads.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, can't fool me.  You're power hungry and this is just a ruse to flummox us into believing your a warm and feeling individual who considers us as peers.  Not me. Boy I got you spotted, you probably feel our pain.  ah HAA.

Actually I like the moderated sites, we get enough crap on the computer from folks that think we are small in some ways, keeping a lid on is far preferrable than the alternative.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#4]
FrankSquid, thx for the reply.    I didn't think there was anything questionable with the link I posted because it was largely an educational site dealing with legal to own NFA items.

I do understand how you could be hesitant or cautious though knowing the source/history of the old webpage where some of those diagrams in question came from.

It was a judgement call but heck, I figured you would have recognized quarterbore's webpage and figured it was sterilized :)  

I gotta say, the lightning link is a pretty novel approach as far as design goes.   That's the only reason why I posted the link really so that those who wanted to know what they were could get a bit of understanding of how they function.

Anyhow, so long as the educational discussion is allowed to continue that's all I care about.   Having a good knowledge of the NFA rules and regulation is definitely advisable for anyone who's interested in such toys and I really think it's part of this site's mission to help people increase their understanding.

That said, I can TOTALLY understand where your coming from with regards to posting of plans, instructions, or other information on how to manufacture/modify firearms in a non-legal manner.

Catch you later, I'm off to lunch.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top