Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2007 12:17:44 PM EDT
.........is failure to cock the hammer. It's even done it with CCI Mini Mags. Probably occurs 2% of the time. Other than fooling around with the hammer spring, anybody got any idea how to reduce this? I generally keep the unit fairly clean and well lubed but .22 is pretty dirty as we all know.
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Lighter hammer spring. Ive heard that putting one of the legs of the hammer spring UNDER the trigger pin also works.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I got to thinking about this after I posted. A JP reduced power hammer spring might be the answer. I'd used one on another rifle, but had light strikes when using SA surplus. Since that's gone, shouldn't be an issue. The lower is also used for 5.56, so I don't think commercial ammo primers should be a problem.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 5:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If this problem just started but the kit has run fine up to this point I don't think the light spring will help.
Mini Mags are stout enough to cycle the action & cock the hammer.
Check for worn hammer & trigger engagement sufaces.
My gun would fire then eject & chamber a fresh round but the hammer would follow the bolt into battery.
Fresh FCG  parts solved the problem.
Just something else to consider......HTH's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
.........is failure to cock the hammer. It's even done it with CCI Mini Mags. Probably occurs 2% of the time. Other than fooling around with the hammer spring, anybody got any idea how to reduce this? I generally keep the unit fairly clean and well lubed but .22 is pretty dirty as we all know.

How many rounds have you through the unit, some need to be broken in.........AD
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm well over 1000 rounds, so it's broken in. And Clicker58 - sounds like a plan.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top