Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 2:57:08 PM EDT
Is it normal for a Troy industries front sight to move back and forth a little bit when deployed in the up position? It only moves a tiny bit, and i ha, and ve not noticed any movement when shooting, but i can easily wiggle it with my fingers.   I have not noticed any elevation changes while shooting, but it bothers me because my rear troy industries sight locks up nice, and tight, and seems to have a little spring tension pushing it up, while the front has no spring tension, only the cross bar holding it up.   I got the sights from LaRue with a Stealth upper i bought i don't want to bother them if my front sight is normal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  And it's normal on the rear one too.  It's normal on pretty much every folding BUIS I have seen or owned.  And I've owned a lot of them and seen the rest of them.  It's not going to affect anything.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!  That's what i thought, just wanted some reassurance.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top