Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2016 12:58:48 PM EDT
I had a Hahn mag block in my parts box and PSA had the blem 9mm bolts a while back so picked one of those up.
So I gathered up the rest of the parts and put together a Colt 6450 clone.

Then i got to thinking I could extend a set of A2 hand guards to 14 inches and give it the Colt 9mm SD look.

I fiber glassed the inside of the hand guards last night for strength at the splices and was able to grind and file away the the build up of epoxy to restore the lines on the hand guards.

Next to build a end cap and barrel mount.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of the DEA knock knock team.   Looks good!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I got it all mocked up last night with the barrel clamp and hand guard cap...
I moved the splice in the upper hand guard to better hide it on my first attempt the taper was off a bit and I couldn't make it look right...
Just waiting for my order of Aluma Hyde to show up so I can spray the hand guards and it will be a done deal...
Once they are sprayed you won't even see the splice...

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top