Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2006 2:16:18 PM EDT
Current pics aren't much, but here's my SBR .45.   7.5 inch barrel cut and threaded by Gemtech, Olympic FIRSH handguard, Gemtech Blackside.  Barrel extends about a quarter inch past handguard.

WKM

Link Posted: 10/25/2006 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a front sight?
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
No front sight yet.  The FIRSH handguard is slightly larger diameter than some, so I'll have to check on a rail front sight.  Also have an old Trilux SUIT sight to try out.

WKM
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Swap uppers for a flattop and put an Eotech on there    My integrally suppressed unit is set up as such.   For now get yourself a YHM fixed front sight that will mount on the forend.    I'm eagerly awaiting Tangochaser's lower so I can SBR mine and cut the welds on my can so it will be removeable.   Right now I'm running a Cav lower so I can use the 30 round greasegun magazines.  The .45acp setup is alot of fun.  

Is your can fairly quiet dry?     I'm seriously considering a blackside for my pistol but am interested in it's use on a carbine when run dry.  I run my integral dry and it's about as loud as a paintball gun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just got the Blackside recently and haven't shot it yet.  I've thought about getting a flattop upper if Olympics are available.  Thanks for the info on the sight.  I have a Glock 21 that I can use the Blackside on also.

WKM
Link Posted: 10/25/2006 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Please report back when you shoot it.  

Check the YHM 9830A

www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/sights.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2006 3:05:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Job well done. It looks great
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice job.  I have an Oly .45 upper that I'm considering doing an SBR on, but I'm planning to stick with the original FSB and handguards, but all that can change before it all happens.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet lookin set up!  I'm curious (I'm new to the whole pistol caliber upper thing) whats the deal with your mag block, is it an M3 mag conversion?  More to the point, where can I get one

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
The mag block came with the Olympic Arms rifle.  Lower is Olympic AR15, upper is Olympic  that is modified by them for pistol calibers, magazines for the .45 are modified UZI mags to fit the standard magwell with the mag block in place. Olympic Arms is the only maker of the uppers as far as I know at this time. Others are working on lowers in development to accept greasegun mags at this time. CAV Arms has the polymer lower that will take greasegun mags with an adapter.  Check this link for Olympic products.  Additionally, more products and aftermarket items are available for the 9 mm than the .45

Triple Break Products

Olympic Arms

WKM

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top