Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/7/2005 5:46:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 8:00:16 PM EDT by Va_Dinger]
I just picked up my LMT 10.5" from C4iGrant today. It got a complete Noveske/LaRue makeover. I think it came out awesome. I would like to thank C4iGrant (G&R Tactical) for all his help and Steve (ADCO Firearms LLC) for his awesome gunsmith work and advise.

My pictures suck as usual.

(1.) LMT M4 upper receiver
(2.) PWA lower w/ A1 grip - Thanks new-arguy!
(3.) Noveske 10.5" CQB barrel - I wanted a standard fixed FSB, so Adco machined slots and installed the FSB with setscrews (Mech Zero). It came out perfect and was back in less than five days door to door. What else can be said about service like that?
(4.) Noveske Krink brake
(5.) LMT standard bolt & carrier w/ Wolf HD extractor spring and ADCO Crane O-ring.
(6.) LMT CRANE stock with H3 buffer
(7.) LMT charging handle
(8.) LaRue 7.0 w/ Tango Down panels
(9.) Surefire 951 w/ LaRue mount
(10.) Aimpoint M2 w/ LaRue mount
(11.) LaRue fixed BUIS
(12.) Tango Down vert grip
(13.) Daniel Defense single point sling mount
(14.) Specter/CQB Solutions MOUT sling - I have a CSM on order.

I'm planning on testing it out tomorrow with 200-300 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:51:02 PM EDT
Damn you. I've managed to talk myself out of a SBR upper, until now.

We gotta organize another shoot. I want to stand next to that brake and see how well it redirects the blast.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:52:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 5:59:49 PM EDT by Va_Dinger]

Originally Posted By dport:
Damn you. I've managed to talk myself out of a SBR upper, until now.

We gotta organize another shoot. I want to stand next to that brake and see how well it redirects the blast.

Anytime brother, you know that.

I think it's safe to say the old fireball is history.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:55:28 PM EDT
That is so evil, it must be banned!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2005 6:11:37 PM EDT by dport]

Originally Posted By Va_Dinger:
I think it's safe to say the old fireball is history.

I'll miss the old fireball.
Let me get my budget build together, waiting on the bolt and lower, and we'll arrange something.

Edited for code.

And we need to get Grant out to the range too.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:10:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 5:49:13 PM EDT by Quien]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:10:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:35:14 PM EDT
Nice, Dinger. Pictures are nice. The setup is definitely nice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:37:04 PM EDT
SWEET!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:39:29 PM EDT
that is bad ass, cant wait to get my barrel and brake in.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:21:39 PM EDT

I just picked up my LMT 10.5" from C4iGrant today. It got a complete Noveske/LaRue makeover. I think it came out awesome. I would like to thank C4iGrant (G&R Tactical) for all his help and Steve (ADCO Firearms LLC) for his awesome gunsmith work and advise.

My pictures suck as usual.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/DSCF0229.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/DSCF0230.jpg

(1.) LMT M4 upper receiver
(2.) PWA lower w/ A1 grip - Thanks new-arguy!
(3.) Noveske 10.5" CQB barrel - I wanted a standard fixed FSB, so Adco machined slots and installed the FSB with setscrews (Mech Zero). It came out perfect and was back in less than five days door to door. What else can be said about service like that?

(4.) Noveske Krink brake
(5.) LMT standard bolt & carrier w/ Wolf HD extractor spring and ADCO Crane O-ring.
(6.) LMT CRANE stock with H3 buffer
(7.) LMT charging handle
(8.) LaRue 7.0 w/ Tango Down panels
(9.) Surefire 951 w/ LaRue mount
(10.) Aimpoint M2 w/ LaRue mount
(11.) LaRue fixed BUIS
(12.) Tango Down vert grip
(13.) Daniel Defense single point sling mount
(14.) Specter/CQB Solutions MOUT sling

I'm planning on testing it out tomorrow with 200-300 rounds.

That's one sweet setup.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:36:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:22:55 PM EDT
Good stuff.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:18:30 PM EDT
Lookin' good Dinger.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:07:36 AM EDT
Send it to me. I'll have some professional pictures made for you. Should get it back in, well, in a while.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:17:08 AM EDT
very nice!

I wanted a standard fixed FSB, so Adco machined slots and installed the FSB with setscrews (Mech Zero). It came out perfect and was back in less than five days door to door. What else can be said about service like that?

i'm curious why you decided to do this... wouldn't it be easier to just use the LMT fixed front sight?

excellent rifle!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:56:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 8:59:23 AM EDT by Va_Dinger]

Originally Posted By jar3ds:
very nice!

I wanted a standard fixed FSB, so Adco machined slots and installed the FSB with setscrews (Mech Zero). It came out perfect and was back in less than five days door to door. What else can be said about service like that?

i'm curious why you decided to do this... wouldn't it be easier to just use the LMT fixed front sight?

excellent rifle!

I did use a LMT standard FSB. The Noveske barrel is not set up for standard FSB's. It was designed to use the LaRue low profile gas block. That’s why I had ADCO mill the flats and install the FSB with setscrews. The mech zero is just a side benefit. I'm personally not a fan of flip-up front sights on a 10.5". This is just my preference. I have seen plenty of experts who do and I respect their opinion thought. My reasoning was that this weapon would most likely only see a non-magnified Aimpoint / Eotech so, why bother with a flip-up? I do not notice the FSB when using either optic anyway.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:07:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jar3ds:
very nice!

excellent rifle!

I did use a LMT standard FSB. The Noveske barrel is not set up for standard FSB's. It was designed to use the LaRue low profile gas block. That’s why I had ADCO mill the flats and install the FSB with setscrews. The mech zero is just a side benefit. I'm personally not a fan of flip-up front sights on a 10.5". This is just my preference. I have seen plenty of experts who do and I respect their opinion thought. My reasoning was that this weapon would most likely only see a non-magnified Aimpoint / Eotech so, why bother with a flip-up? I do not notice the FSB when using either optic anyway.

I think he was talking about the LMT rail mounted front and a low-pro gas block.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:09:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 9:13:29 AM EDT by 55Kingpin]
Nice rifle Dinger!!

I'm looking hard at these SBRs......

Would it be possible to use the lowpro gas block and a 12.0 rail w/ the Krink brake??? I was just wondering if you could still screw the brake on and access the cone removal lever (is that what its called?).......IMHO, that would be the heat. I'd love to see one set up like that.....if not I'll probably go the 9.0 route....

ETA: Just visualizing it.....I don't think it woud work, but I would like to have a rail that goes as far out as possible, while still allowing installation/removal of the KFH and disassembly for cleaning......can anyone cut a 12.0 down to specs....How much would that run....hmmmmm [gears turning in head..]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:12:33 AM EDT
That's one hot setup! Excellent parts selection, should be a real shooter!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:30:49 AM EDT
nice, very nice
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2005 2:43:12 PM EDT by Va_Dinger]

Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
I think he was talking about the LMT rail mounted front and a low-pro gas block.

Oh, I get you now. Yes, the LMT fixed rail mounted front sight would have worked. I just wanted an old school fixed FSB for some reason, so I went with this setup. It's simple, clean, and effective. It was also cheaper for me to use this setup. I already had a LaRue 7.0 that was going on my 10.5" even before I bought the Noveske barrel. C4iGrant also has a pile of LMT FSB’s about two feet high in his shop. They are take offs from his custom uppers. All I needed was the milled slots and ADCO did that in less than five days for next to nothing. I’m happy with the way it worked out. Plus nothing is permanent. If I decide to change it back to a more conventional Noveske CQB barrel setup it would not be hard or expensive. The LaRue low profile gas block mounting dimples are still untouched. It would just be a matter of swapping parts. The milled slots just gave me more options.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:34:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:53:11 PM EDT
SWEET!
Top Top