A little history. I wanted a new high-end gaming computer and after looking at Alienware etc $$$$ ! - I decided to build my own and my first computer. Long story short - working with "guru's" on a some sites they lead and assisted me to a very successful, high end, triple graphics card, 9 fan, triple monitor monster.
Now I'm looking to build a high quality AR-15 that I can be proud of and I WILL NEED YOUR HELP!..
I'm starting from scratch. I've done some research and now I have some questions that I know you guys (guru's) will have either answers or your opinions on. I highly respect opinions so let them fly. If I'm looking do to something stupid - please feel free to say that. I will be putting some serious bucks into this and I will take all the help I can get.
Here are some questions that I hope to get answers for:
1. I've been looking at Wilson Combat for the main parts (matched upper/lower) and the barrel+bolt carrier. Am I wasting money here?+They seem "out of stock" on most everything. Can't seem to get a good answer on how long the wait would be. Question: If not Wilson Combat then WHO would you recommend.
2. Barrel: 223/556 Stainless 1:7 twist 16in.
a. (I'd like to go 14.7 and then have a Accu-Tac flash hider installed permanenty (to stay within the law)..Any thoughts here?
3. NP3 Plated Bolt Carrier.....Is this worth it?
2. Going flat upper so I can add flip up sights for now.
3. 13.8in quad rail - but $300 seems outragious for that. Is there good quality rails for less from others?
I know these are not very technical or insightful questions......yet....... because I'm the "nubie" here and will conduct myself as such meaning - I'm listening....
Thanks in advance to anyone who assists -
LCDR - USN (Ret)
Get a membership. Search upgrade and members only sections worth the price of admission! "2012 Official Good Deals and In-Stock thread" for example.
I would stick with a 16'' barrel. A 14.7" and a permanent flash hider make it difficult to install parts. Palmetto State Armory (website is down at the moment) is the go to vendor for quality parts at an excellent price point.
Thanks psdavi01- I didn't know about the membership thing! I'm new to posting etc...
I'm now a bronze member but don't see my little star yet..