Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:02:06 PM EDT
Today me and some buddies went to the range and we were shooting fairly rapid fire. Well it was raining and my EoTech (512 Rev F) started fogging up on the outside lense. At first I thought it was my breath but it was the far lense, not the one my breath was hitting. I figure it was the heat from the delta ring and steam from the rain. What I wana know is would it be possible to put some type of anti fogging product, like the type used for diving masks etc. on the lenses of the EoTech to prevent such thing? Any suggestions?

Steve
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:05:25 PM EDT
That might work, or possibly Rain X.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:32:53 PM EDT
Thats what I was thinking, that Rain X antifog stuff. The thing is I don't know how it would react with the coating on the lense of the EoTech so I wanted to ask here first.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:52:41 PM EDT
You can always shoot off an email to EOTech and see what they say. I really don’t think it will hurt the glass, I’m sure when the EOTech was designed they took into account the fact that cleaning solvents might come into contact with the glass, so I think Rain X would be fine.

Email them and let us know what they say.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:33:42 PM EDT
just use a little liquid soap or spit..like the divers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:48:42 PM EDT
There is a product called "Sea Drops". It is an anti-fog product popular for use on scuba mask's. It claims to be exellent for use on binoculars and telescopes and clames to be safe for "all glass and plastic lenses and will not harm surrounding silicone or rubber suport frames" I believe it is made by Aquaseal.

That being said. I use it for scuba diving and it does work, however I have not tried it on anything else.

Also, Nikon supplies a lense cleaning cloth with its new scopes treated with anti-fog material--- this may be another option.

Good luck,
Rob
Top Top