Lauer lower receiver
bushmaster 14.5" heavy fluted upper with perm attached phantom 5c2
vltor stock
magpul miad
MAD BUIS
eotech 512.a65 rev f
dieter cqd RSM (not pictured)
BFG UDC Sling O.D. (not pictured)
Fixed 10 round magazine (sacraficed from a preban 30 rounder from my cache)

waiting on
surefire m910A with extra AB style lamp assembly
M.I. MCTAR-21
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
nice looking rifle you got there. to bad about the whole PRK thing
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
please excuse my ignorance,

beautiful rifle!  i love the eotechs, good choice!
i left california in 1999, before i got back into the black rifle disease, what are the restrictions CA has these days?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 12:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
please excuse my ignorance,

beautiful rifle!  i love the eotechs, good choice!
i left california in 1999, before i got back into the black rifle disease, what are the restrictions CA has these days?  

If it's fun and/or looks cool, you can't have it.  

I've got a CA-Legal carbine too...Just gotta make the time to take it out and devirginize it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
you know....since you legally owned that 30rd mag BEFORE all the noise went down, you should have not problems running that full capacity.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:39:45 PM EDT
[#5]
That floor should be illegal.

Ya do what'ca gotta do in Kalifornicastan.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That floor should be illegal.

Ya do what'ca gotta do in Kalifornicastan.....

Hey whats wrong with my floor?

Quoted:
you know....since you legally owned that 30rd mag BEFORE all the noise went down, you should have not problems running that full capacity.

Not unless it was on a registered AW.  Since this isn't a registered assault weapon it can not have a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than 10 rounds :-/

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#7]
YAY! you just built an illegal AW!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You should probably read up on legal issues before posting.    CA has their own AWB, and since his *weapon* is restricted to a fixed 10 round capacity, the preban magazine means nothing.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
YAY! you just built an illegal AW!!!!

Possibly.  

Unless the 10 round magazine is permanently installed, and NOT removeable.  If the magazine is even remotely removable, that is an illegal unregistered AW according to California.

The FAB-10 www.fabten.com/default.htm get's around this by making a fixed 10 round box a permanent part of the weapon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:59:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Since this isn't a registered assault weapon it can not have a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than 10 rounds :-/  

Incorrect.  It cannot have the ability to accept removable magazines, period.  

It *must* have a fixed, non-removable magazine, and limited to 10 round capacity.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]
umm..i have the lookalike 20 rounder from bushie that actually only holds 10.. and the one you got on there dont look like mine ...that looks like a 30 rounder--but what do i know, my eyes are hoooorible..

you might wanna be sure about what capacity pinned/fixed magazine you have in there..
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#12]
How did you fix yer 30 round to be a 10 rounder?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#13]
So what happens if you owned a preban back in the day and still have it? Can you own it with the mags that you had?

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So what happens if you owned a preban back in the day and still have it? Can you own it with the mags that you had?

Yes, as long as your registered the rifle as an AW in the state, within the grace period allowed, persuant to the law.

If you still have it, and did not register it, that is a felony, and you can be arrested for it if it is ever discovered/inspected by law enforcement.

The right to keep and bear arms is out the window in the state of Commiefornia.... and it is a damned shame that every gun owner in the country doesnt already know about this stuff.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, as long as your registered the rifle as an AW in the state, within the grace period allowed, persuant to the law.

If you still have it, and did not register it, that is a felony, and you can be arrested for it if it is ever discovered/inspected by law enforcement.

The right to keep and bear arms is out the window in the state of Commiefornia.... and it is a damned shame that every gun owner in the country doesnt already know about this stuff.

Wrong, possesion of an AW is a misdomenor, however, transporting an AW is a felony.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#16]
The only exception to Commy-Fornia's ban on black guns law... Out of state residence on Active duty military may register thier AR's & AK and any other "assult weapons" for a minimal fee of $78 to recieve in the mail a "Dangerous Weapons Permit"

Takes a call to the CA DOJ, 2 finger print cards, Copy of Orders placeing you in CA, Copy of military ID, your weapons serial #'s and your address.  Must say the people that work there are very polite and help full.

Once you've registered your weapons, you can't add more, still working on a lope hole...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Restrictor.  Steel U shaped metal bent into a U shape inserted into the magazine to limit capacity to 10 rounds.  I then riveted the floor plate in place making it not removable.   The magazine is permanently fixed in the weapon with a capacity not exceeding 10 rounds.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:33:46 PM EDT
[#18]
My bad then, not an illegal AW (at least the way most of us read the law). Nice piece!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#19]

The only exception to Commy-Fornia's ban on black guns law... Out of state residence on Active duty military may register thier AR's & AK and any other "assult weapons" for a minimal fee of $78 to recieve in the mail a "Dangerous Weapons Permit"

Takes a call to the CA DOJ, 2 finger print cards, Copy of Orders placeing you in CA, Copy of military ID, your weapons serial #'s and your address. Must say the people that work there are very polite and help full.

Once you've registered your weapons, you can't add more, still working on a lope hole...  

Could you provide me more information on this?  If I get out of the military but stay in CA, can I keep my weapons? [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:45:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Takes a call to the CA DOJ, 2 finger print cards, Copy of Orders placeing you in CA, Copy of military ID, your weapons serial #'s and your address. Must say the people that work there are very polite and help full.

Could you provide me more information on this?  If I get out of the military but stay in CA, can I keep my weapons? [email protected]

If you get out of the military how can you be "active duty"?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I mean if I'm on AD in CA, but choose to retire in CA.  

I.E. law enforcement people get to keep their AWs after they retire.

Just wondering.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It cannot have the ability to accept removable magazines, period.  
It *must* have a fixed, non-removable magazine, and limited to 10 round capacity.

Actually, if a current AR has a 10 round fixed magazine, it can have any or all of the "evil" features.  Say that word "evil" in your best Dr. Evil voice. hasIf it has a removable magazine, it can NOT have ANY of the evil features.  Thus, an AR with a removable magazine and NO pistol grip, thumbhole stock, collapsible stock, forward pistol grip, or flash hider is ok.
Once it is registered as an AW, as soon as the DOJ lists the off-list receiver in the Kasler list, then we can remove the fixed mag and keep or add any evil feature.
FABs and Vulcans will never be listed so they will always be fixed mag.
So basically Fixed with Evil = ok, or Detachable without Evil = ok.  As if the Evil features makes it somehow more dangerous?
Hope this helps,
Builder4fun
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top