Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2005 9:07:03 PM EDT
Here's my Trooper Class setup, which I'm taking to the Cav Arms Tiger Valley 3Gun match this coming week.  Stole the 17" MSTN upper off the regular lower, stuck it on a CAVII lower painted to match.  Also added the DocterSight at 1:30'o'clock for close range targets.

[ link to LARGER image ]

[ link to LARGER image ]

[ link to LARGER image ]

[ link to LARGER image ]

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:22:35 AM EDT
[#1]
waiting on range report and more pics.... as always
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:54:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats just beautiful!!!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful blaster.....What kind of paint did you use?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Aluma-hyde II as usual.  I just painted the lower to match the upper.

Trigger is the JP Modular trigger.  Had to modify the CAVII lower a little bit to make it fit.  During the rifle match today, I had to use the stock trigger due to a loc-tite issue (lack thereof), but hopefully everything is squared away now.

-z
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I see you have the QC muzzle brake. In your personal experience, is this an important item , or does it add just a bit of improvement?

Would you reccomend one for a Recce-type build?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I see you have the QC muzzle brake. In your personal experience, is this an important item , or does it add just a bit of improvement?

Would you reccomend one for a Recce-type build?

The QC brake will reduce recoil (not a big deal) but more importantly reduce the amount the gun moves off target.  That reduces the amount of work you have to do, and the time it takes, to keep the rifle on target for subsequent shots.

Unless you have specific tactical reasons to NOT use a brake, I recommend them.

-z
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#9]
sweet lookin rifle!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:18:05 AM EDT
[#10]
As usual, I'm sure it functions as well as it looks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Where can I get that mount for the Docter Optic sight?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
The mount directly ON the DrSight is the DrSight Weaver adapter.  Then you just need a riser.  The YHM one is hokey, but I don't have a better suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice set-up!  A couple quick question what is the rubber on the ACOG for?  Is it like a dust cover when the rifle isn't in use?  Does the 1:30 postion of the Doctor sight work better that the mount placing it over the ACOG?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
The rubber is to block light from the fiber optic which makes the reticle too bright.

Mounting the Dr. on the handguard places it  much closer to the bore than mounting it on top of the ACOG.  The offset is much greater when mounted on top.   Mounting on the handguard also allows you to bring the sight to your eye (rolling the rifle) as opposed to your eye to the sight (lifting your head and breaking stock weld).
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]
3gunr nailed it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks 3gunr,

I hadn't thought about the fiber optic making the reticle to bright.

I had figured as much with mounting the sight on top as far as it being to far offset but hadn't thought about cheekweld.

thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:29:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Zak how did you mount the rail at 1:30 on the PRI tube, and i'm curious if you shot open class or  is it that match doesnt follow USPA multi gun rules.Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:37:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Zak how did you mount the rail at 1:30 on the PRI tube, and i'm curious if you shot open class or  is it that match doesnt follow USPA multi gun rules.Thanks.

For the mount, I just took one of the regular PRI short rails and used the vent holes.  

Here's my Trooper Class setup,

You're right that at RM3G or USPSA, it would be in Open class.  Hence the title of this thread.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top