Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2004 2:16:30 PM EDT
Thank you Banks County Sheriff's Department.  This morning a detective called and gave me the most excellent news.  "I have your rifle"  Not in a million years did I expect to ever see my gun again.honest
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool!Even though I didn't respond to the first post,that is good you got your rifle back!

Thanks,Tyler

P.S.Let me be the first to say good luck and good shooting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
thats awsome.  .  Congrats.  Just out of curiousity, how did you loose it in the first place?
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
There is hope for humanity after all! A reward is a damn good idea (maybe $100+?)

Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!

Buy that guy a pizza!  Excellent!  You must be pretty happy right now!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Alright!!!!

WOO HOO for you!

You really should give the guy a reward of some type.  Buy him a gift cert. at a nice restaurant or something.

Man, today was a good day huh??

Monty
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:48:54 PM EDT
[#6]
That is awesome. I'm glad you got it back.
I bet that feeling you have now ALMOST makes up for the punch-in-the-stomach you fealt when you realized you had lost it......

....and then again when you realized someone had picked it up.

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Pizza, hell.  The guy who turned your rifle in deserves a good steak dinner, a 1000 rounds of ammo, or something significant.

Happy for you, bud.

Regards,
Mahatma
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You got VERY lucky.  Glad it worked out.  The guy who turned it in does deserve something BIG.  Dare I say you should give him something significant enough that it HURTS you to do it.  It will serve as a reminder for a LONG time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Read your post earlier and had my heart sink. Took pictures and wrote down every serial number of all my children. GLAD to hear yours return. There is hope for humanity after all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Awesome man happy for ya!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#11]
hey that is good news and you are very lucky.  I ask you to check out the local forums and say hello.  Ga has the best bunch of guys on the forum and we always look over eachothers back!  Glad to hear that you got it back!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Congrats! Glad things worked out!

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, that is so cool  I was beginning to feel pissed that maybe some freak took your rifle but, I'm glad it was in good hands while it was out on an adventure.  Made me think of how I would feel.

That's awesome!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Great News!

I am glad to hear that your Bushie was taken care of by an honest man.

If he won't accept a VERY generous reward, how about asking him what his favorite charity is?

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Please don't take this wrong...

I find it somewhat sad that a person should be rewarded for doing the right thing.  It is just todays society and the way people act that when someone does the right thing we all get excited.

Okay..enough of the rant...

Congrats on getting the rifle back!

Not taking into consideration what I said above I would offer the guy something.  From the sounds of it he is a stand up guy and would not take a reward..but you never know.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]
A reward of some kind, has always been the thing to do when someone goes out of their way.
Since he was at the range, why not take him shooting with you and buy all the ammo.
Jack
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#18]
It's good to hear there are still some honest people in the world.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet!!!  Very glad to hear that!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#20]
There are a lot of people that will do the right thing. It is fortunate that you had one find your rifle. Now it is your turn to reciprocate. That is how this good stuff spreads.  CONGRATULATIONS on getting the rifle back! (I'm sure that you won't have the same problem again)
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Buy the guy a case of ammo and some beer...

or you could blow him. It'll be good for the community for people to know that their actions don't go unrewarded.

WWBJD
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Fantastic news Dog.

I take this great post as kind of a "pat on the back" to the whole shooting fraternity.  Yes, it is nice that an honest man happened upon your AR.. but just think... it isn't totally unexpected.   People that get together and shoot are the best kind of folks there are.  Sure, some jerks are shooters too, but in my experience, the vast majority would be counted among "the good guys".

Nevertheless, I wouldn't suggest that you tempt fate by re-running this little sociological experiment!

Congrats on your good fortune.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#23]
if you set her free and she comes back it was meant to be!!!! happy shooting
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Glad to hear the good news!  I think a case of beer and 1000 rounds would be a good thank-you.

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Good deal.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
First you should kick yourself for having a brainfart.

Then you should go far out of your way to reward the guy who returned it.

Then everyone who made a 'hispanic' comment in your previous thread punch themselves in the nuts.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#27]
good deal man, and all that fightin' that went on in the last thread last night for nothin'!!  stay safe out there and let's all pray that we don't have something like that happen to us.  it's weird how something bad has to happen to someone else before we realize how it could happen to any of us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm very happy to hear you recieved your firearm back!!!!!
IM your address to me and I'll send you $20 to help with a reward.

mark mcj
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#29]
An honorable and honest man,My faith that traditional  values still exist has been some what restored...Glad you got your rifle back and good to see there are still honest people out there,depending on how much you were going to offer as a reward maybe see if he likes ARs...lowers are fairly cheap...good show...927
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Thank's for the offer Markmcjunkins,  but I have to bite the bullet on this one myself.  It was my stupidity for leaving my rifle.  Thank god there are honest people out there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:20:47 AM EDT
[#31]
I agree that at least a $100 reward is in order.

Very glad to hear that you got your rifle back.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 5:46:56 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
WOW!

Buy that guy a pizza!  Excellent!  You must be pretty happy right now!

Buy him a case of HEINEKEN to go with the pizza. Was he an ARFCOM member?
That man deserves a salute.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 6:07:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm glad your baby is back home.
Though I don't necessarily think the guy should be "rewarded" for doing the right thing, a token of gratitude and appreciation does seem in order.  He may be more willing to accept it if you don't call it a reward.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Since I didn't see original thread, what happened?
Drive away from range without your rifle?
Glad it worked out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Excellent news!  Congratulations.

I'll second Jack's idea of buying the man a case of ammo for his favorite firearm.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#36]
AMEN;
 All those that felt that just because a Mexican MIGHT have picked up the rifle it was long gone, I reiterate, hit yourself in the nuts!  I would like to know if it turned out to be a Mexican who turned it in or the old man at the range was full of crap.

Glad you got it back, best news I have heard in a while.  We hear all the time about bad people, but think about it, MOST people are NOT bad, it is just the BAD people get MOST of the press.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats on getting your rifle back. Definitely find a way to repay that cop.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 6:03:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm glad to hear you got your AR back. Definitely a reward is in order. Good to know there are still a few honest people out there. Most important it didn't fall into the wrong hands. I'm sure you'll keep a closer eye on your rifle from now on.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top