Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2007 6:12:18 PM EDT
So with all the ASA bashing that went on in the old thread, I thought they deserved a new one. Let me begin by saying that I had never heard of ASA before Saturday 2/24/07. I met them at a Phoenix gun show and bought a lower, posted pics of that in the other ASA thread. Today I went back to Phoenix and bought a few more things, including some complete uppers, lowers, and parts kits. I finished 2 of them with some CAR stocks I had laying around, and stole the BUISses from my other ARs to make them look good in the pics. Yes, they now look like generic M4 style carbines. Okay, moving on. They went together very well and there was no discernible difference in quality between the parts used. One has no play - absolutely none - between the receivers and the other had a very slight amount, much better than anything else I've built save the two Sun Devil ones but they have the adjustment screw to eliminate such play. I think that they are excellent rifles, especially for an entry level price, but the quality is on par with much more pricey rifles. If I could say that anything needs improvement, it would be the staking of the carrier keys, although the screws would not budge when I tried to take them out with an allen wrench. Pics are attached so you all can make up your own mind on that one. Carrier is shrouded firing pin AR-15 type by the way. Here they are:

Feedramps:

Carrier key:

I have not had the need for ASA customer service but Joe and Mikael were very courteous and I'm sure they will back up their product 100%.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top