Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:20:45 PM EDT
SO far I have fed it LC and it ate it rather well. Never spit it back up.

My LC is pretty much dried up and I decided to get more ammo. I heard glowing things of Q3131 so I went and grabbed 500 rnds. It was a mistake becuase I should have made sure my particular rifle could digest a meal of WWB.

Before I went to the range I stopped at Wally World to grab a few others just to see how they perform. REm UMC .223 adn Winschester 45 grn HP varmint in the value pack. I was thinking about using the light stuff for defensive ammo. I am firing from a  14.5" and I want as much velocity and fragmentation possible.

Anyhow.

The rest of my LC went through well. The 3131 SUCKED. Of course becuase I have lots of that. The Rem UMC did just fine as did the 45grn HP. (that grouped pretty nice I might add) I will be stocking up on the UMC and Varmint rounds but I guess I will be looking to unload 500rnds of  Q3131. I guess I will hit my hometown forum to see if anyone needs it.

Rifle used.--  Bushmaster 14.5" w perm Izzy-- if that matters. Anyone else have feeding probs with certain types of ammo. I guess some guns just plain old dont like certain things.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My LC is pretty much dried up and I decided to get more ammo. I heard glowing things of Q3131 so I went and grabbed 500 rnds. It was a mistake becuase I should have made sure my particular rifle could digest a meal of WWB.

Before I went to the range I stopped at Wally World to grab a few others just to see how they perform. REm UMC .223 adn Winschester 45 grn HP varmint in the value pack. I was thinking about using the light stuff for defensive ammo. I am firing froma  14.5" and I want as much velocivty and fragmentation possible.

Anyhow.

The rest of my LC went through well. The 3131 SUCKED. Of course becuase I have lots of that. The Rem UMC did just fine as did the 45grn HP. (that grouped pretty nice I might add) I will be stocking up on the UMC and Varmint rounds but I guess I will be looking to unload 500rnds of  Q3131. I guess I will hit my hometown forum to see if anyone needs it.

Rifle used.--  Bushmaster 14.5" w perm Izzy-- if that matters. Anyone else have feeding probs with certain types of ammo. I guess some guns just plain old dont like certain things.

Just curoius, what is the lot # on the 3131 stuff?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Just curoius, what is the lot # on the 3131 stuff?

Excellent question.  (digging through range bag) ......  LOT XA32

ETA can anyone tell me what may have caused it? It fires but does not eject. At first it looked like it did and the next round got stuck going in at an angle but when I removed it, it was the fired brass and the neck looked all mangled. It looks like it got halfway through extraction/ejection and the bolt tried to shove it back into the chcamber again. Like when its about to tip and eject but the bolt went forward on it.

Is that a  short stroke?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I live in Florida - I could use it oops take it of your hands !!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Could you also list the headstamp markings?  Most of mine now is "WCC (x) 05" and works fine out of a 14.5" bbl. I'm just wondering if you somehow ended up with some of the old stuff.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Before I went to the range I stopped at Wally World to grab a few others just to see how they perform. REm UMC .223 adn Winschester 45 grn HP varmint in the value pack. I was thinking about using the light stuff for defensive ammo. I am firing from a  14.5" and I want as much velocity and fragmentation possible.

Anyhow.

MY BUSHMASTER SHORTY A1 1/9 IS A WHORE!!

it sucks everything

S&B M193

S&B SS109

Santa Barbra SS109

Lake City M855

Win M855

PMC M193

REM 55

PMP 55

SA M193

IMG M193

Win Q3131

Win Q3131A

IMI M855

Federal  A.E. 55

Federal LC XM193

Black Hills Blue Box 75gr. and 77gr.

I hope I didnt leave any rounds out

EDIT  WOLF 55  and WOLF M193
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Could you also list the headstamp markings?  Most of mine now is "WCC (x) 05" and works fine out of a 14.5" bbl. I'm just wondering if you somehow ended up with some of the old stuff.  Thanks.

same 05

Looking it al over I would say its pretty crappy looking. Some have red on the bottoms some dont. Minor dings in the cases and dark spots. Almost like they were reloaded.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I love the OLD READ HEAD G3131 !  Im glad its Back
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top