BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:43:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 8:59:05 AM EDT
Moar!  Moar!  

Perhaps I've asked you before - have you considered making a combination lower/thumbhole stock out of wood?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:12:33 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Moar!  Moar!  

Perhaps I've asked you before - have you considered making a combination lower/thumbhole stock out of wood?
View Quote

Something like the KP-15?  Probably not.  That would be cool though, hogged out of walnut, over cut the potential weak spots, line it with fiberglass mat and re cut it.  Maybe a homemade laminate.
Hmmm....  

But no, I have too many other projects.  
I picked up yet another 32 rolling block and still have another with a broken tang that I've been putting off in hopes my tig welding skills would improve.  
I have a few parts kits including a Suomi, Sten, M-11 and other derringers, I'd like complete some day.  
I'm thinking I need to build another AK or 2 before there are too many issues with parts kits.
But the worst part is my self diagnosed ADD makes me jump deep into certain projects for seemingly no good reason.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:14:37 AM EDT
Well, I did not read all the pages, but keep machining and making stuff (firearms).
build build build, buy buy buy !

Get a 3D printer asap.

I have some grease, just not sure where to send it, DEF FTA IBF has a sit&spin with thorns, figured some lube (free of charge) can help.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:14:50 PM EDT
Spent way too much time again making a $4 part.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:16:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2021 11:18:20 PM EDT by AFCarbon15]
Tried to fix my shitty welds on the take-down levers too.  Much better now.  Might still add some serrations or something.  A lot of finer touches to go.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:01:00 AM EDT
Nice!  You gonna drill it & put a fiber optic bead in there?  
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:02:26 PM EDT
Kit #2, build #4.  Got 2 more kits and a few more scrap builds partially started.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:37:13 AM EDT
Where are you buying the kits?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:46:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/17/2021 1:38:27 PM EDT by AFCarbon15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fox2008:
Where are you buying the kits?
View Quote

The parts kits are from Excalibur and the receiver flats are from the flat spot.  Flat spot sells on gunbroker, but I dealt direct.  Excalibur says they're going to get a website one day, but for now they're old school.  Gotta call em.  There are some second guys selling the kits on GB, but for about twice what they cost from Excalibur.   The single kits I got from one of the parts kit retailers, centerfire or Apex maybe, but those were cheap then.

ETA:  Single kits came from Centerfire a while ago.  $70ea.  Double and 22 pepper box direct from manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 1:43:49 PM EDT
Gotta put a video together for the 32.  Both extractors are working well.  

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:45:57 PM EDT
Not much shop time, but got one done and another started.  

Brass might end up as 22 mag.  We'll see.  Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top