Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2004 1:44:43 PM EST
I know everyones waiting to thread and install flashiders on the postban barrels. My question is does anyone make a decent flashider that will also control the muzzle rise on my 16" super lightweight barrel? Or should I just stick with a threaded Calvery Comp or a threaded KKF A2 brake?
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 1:46:08 PM EST
Just got with an A2. They're somewhate of a comp since the bottom is solid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:13:09 PM EST
AR15s really dont need a comp. the recoil is next to nothing. buy a vortex g6
Remman
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 3:04:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/25/2004 1:45:38 AM EST by Mouseomatic]
The recoil isn't a problem I can shoot it one handed it's so light. the muzzle just really jumps and follow up shots are a real pain. I just need to control the rise. I could always switch to a Vortex or a Phanthom to go covert later if needed. Looks like I'll just buy an assortment and see which is best.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:08:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By Mouseomatic:
The recoil isn't a problem I can shoot it one handed it's so light. the muzzle just really jumps and follow up shots are a real pain. I just need to control the rise. I could always switch to a Vortex or a Phanthom to go covert later if needed.

A2 FS and a PRI FatBoy gas tube. I installed a FatBoy on my M4gery which has a A3 Tac Brake from KKF and it now has negative recoil. The muzzle dives instead of climbing.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:37:00 AM EST
forward grip
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:03:40 AM EST
I noticed the same problem. Recoil is minimal but muzzle rise is a small problem for me the lighter the rifle.

I had a fabain brothers muzzle brake/flash suppressor in my spares box so I put it on a 14.5 barrel to test it. Its old, I picked it up a long time ago and looks like a standard A2 with a brake behind it.
It worked pretty good but it seemed long even for a 14.5 barrel. I took the suppressor to a friend who does machining work and he shortened it, made two groves resembling an A2 and put a couple of wrench flats on the back. By shortening it I lost some of the braking effect as the threaded part of the barrel covers up some of the brake holes. It still proves to be an effective brake/suppressor hybrid

It makes a 14.5 barrel a little over 16" now that its permanantly attached and helps with muzzle rise. I'm pleased with the way it turned out.

I have no idea where you'd get one though. In fact, I dont remember where I got this one. I beleive I got it in a trade back in the 80's sometime.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:10:47 AM EST
Top Top