Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2003 2:13:16 PM EDT
Went shootin with similar AR's, one with a plain muzzle and one with the muzzle brake Colt is installing on their post bans.

I was suprised, they really do work, they reduce the muzzle flip to next to nothing and allow for a very fast follow up shot.

They are not much harder on the shooter than a plain muzzle, but they are VERY OBNOXIOUS to others on the firing line. In an ajoining lane, I was assualted by annoying redirected muzzle blast of every round fired by the braked gun. Blast enhancer is very descriptive.

It was even worse than standing to the right of a flint lock when it goes off, and those are bad.

All in all, only bare muzzles for me till next year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:28:56 PM EDT
Now that's the kind of informed decision about brakes that I can respect. You tried it, you acknowledged that they do indeed work, and you decided that you don't want to use one because of the redirected muzzle blast. Hats off to you ar-wrench, objectivity and an open mind will win every time in my book. I made the same comparison and decided that I will (and do) use brakes. I decided that the ability to make instant followups was worth the extra noise and blast. To each his own! [beer]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 4:58:16 PM EDT
I've never had a complaint about my KKF A2 brake from other shooters on the line and I didn't notice any blast when I fired it in the booth at the VA BRD last weekend. I've been on the line next to AK brakes and mini-Y comps and they _are_ obnoxious.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:19:53 PM EDT
You should of seen the walls in the booth shake when the AR10 with a brake was going off inside.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:38:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut: You should of seen the walls in the booth shake when the AR10 with a brake was going off inside.[:D]
View Quote
You should see what the BFG50 does to the plexiglass booth walls.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:48:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut: You should of seen the walls in the booth shake when the AR10 with a brake was going off inside.[:D]
View Quote
I could see it from where I was standing. I guess I can cross the AR10 off my list of "home defense/CQB" weapons. :)
Top Top