Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2003 12:56:24 PM EST
I have a year old Bushmaster with a muzzle break on it. I was wondering if it is possible to remove it. It has two flat spots on it to use a wrench on. Will the muzzle break just screw off or is it permanantly attatched?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 2:41:27 AM EST
Suspect if it is only a year old your MB is "pinned-on" and if ya try to remove it w/ a wrench you'll ruin it. Suggest ya have a gunsmith examine it or check w/ Kurt's Kustom on-site here in Industry Forums and let him know what type of brake it has and he can help tell ya how to remove it properly. Mike
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:37:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By flyguy: I have a year old Bushmaster with a muzzle break on it. I was wondering if it is possible to remove it. It has two flat spots on it to use a wrench on. Will the muzzle break just screw off or is it permanantly attatched?
View Quote
Just curious as to why you want to take it off? I was thinking about putting one on mine, but perhaps there's some reason I shouldn't be? Thanks-- RUT
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:43:48 AM EST
I use to have a Bushy Shorty w/ an AK muzzle break. It was loud and everyone on the right an left of me complained about the noise and the blast. I now have a Bushy V-Match, mainly for the free floating barrel, no muzzle break. I personally don't notice any difference in recoil. Not much recoil from an AR to beging with. But.........some people like a muzzle break because it looks "cool" and maybe they can tell it has less recoil. If that's the case, go for it! Rambosky
Top Top