Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2003 11:26:39 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster M4A3 14.5" upper with a mini-Y on my lower. Anyway, how does the mini-Y affect velocity as opposed to a plain muzzle? And how about a flash hider?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=165287&w=searchPop

this post references a velocity of 3064 fps for a 14.5" barrel. With "win. 55 gr." ammo. Is that the sort of velocity I should expect with Q3131A? How about Fed/LC XM193?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The muzzle brake shouldn't have any effect on velocity.

As for the actual velocity you will receive depends on a lot of other factors.  Your barrel may run a little fast or slow.  Ammo from the lot you're firing made be a little faster or slower than the average.  The weather conditions and altitude you are firing under can effect it.  It is safe to assume that you'll getting somewhere between 3000 and 3100 fps but the only way you'll really know is if you set up a chronograph and measure it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top