Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 11:00:30 AM EDT
I tried searching but the search restricts searches to the past 30 days...

I'm trying to set up an accurate 24" HBAR AR-15 and was wondering if anything on a threaded muzzle would affect accuracy?

Or should I just stick with a post-ban 24" HBAR? This rifle will be used for bench/prone shooting single loads only or for target shooting (no tactical carbine matches or rapid fire).
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
These brakes made my .408 more accurate, i just installed it and it shoots smaller groups with the same ammo consistantly. I imagine they will work for any caliber.
opsinc.us/brake.php

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Cans4you,  I'm just a little curious, are you an OPS Inc. employee?

If yes, can you hook us up with some discounts?

CHRIS
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything you attach to the muzzle will affect accuracy as the gasses may not exit the barrel evenly thereby pushing the bullet in an unbalanced way.

example- look at an A2 birdcage the bottom half is solid while the top has slots, gas coming out of the barrel can escape on the top but the gasses on the lower half of the bullet can't, they will then tend to raise the bullet changing its course
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Nope not an employee, just get to shoot the stuff once in a whilehewww.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7684&title=R3E2C+MUZZLE+BRAKE

I can get you a discount if you buy a can, but not the brakes. A contract issue i believe.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top