Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2003 9:20:22 PM EDT
I'm fixing to change a PreBan Upper into a Post Ban Upper and got to thinking about something. Would it be legal to thread the muzzle the same length of a FH and washer? Then install your FH and washer so that the barrel came all the way to the end of the Flash Hider. You should then be able to Silver Soldier it on. I realize you would have to drill/tap the FH all the way through but it would give you the look of a FH and still remain legal. The other thing that I have been thinking about is cutting the existing thread of and threading the barrel and FH (maybe a 9MM one) to a different thread but doing it the same as above - the Silver Soldier. If I remember right you can have a treaded barrel as long as its not the same thread as a commercial FH or they do not make a FH with the same threads as your threads. I know I could get a MB that looks like a FH but I'm thinking since I have access to the things I would need to do this I might give it a shot. It's getting late here and it's been a long week so I hope you guys can decipher what Im trying to explain. Has anyone attempted this or know anyone that has? Would it work? Thanks, 45B10
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, there is a local shop that does that for about $75 including the fake flash hider. I am thinking about having it done. check out the link:
http://www.k2-sports.com/productdetail.asp?ID=172

There is no way this can be illegal since it is in no way a functioning muzzle device of any kind (as long as it does not extend past the end of the barrel) and is purely cosmetic. If you thread the muzzle though, it must be pinned and the pin welded over to be legal (permanently attached) as you can't have usable threads on the muzzle AND a pistol grip on a post ban rifle unless the AW ban sunsets. The shop that does this (K2 sports) is very much on the up and up as they do a lot of work for the local LE agencies.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Silver solder is a no go.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
DR
 I guess I was wrong. I thought it could be threaded as long as it wouldnt accept a FH or Grenade launching device?The link you posted is about what I was thinking about only with a standard length FH.

455SD
   When did Silver Solder become a NO GO? If thats the case there are alot of people out there with illegal rifles.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Silver solder is a no go.
View Quote

If the SS melt above 1100 degrees it is a go.
GG
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top