Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:51:49 AM EDT
Given such a short barrel, what is the muzzle blast like with these?  Is there a fireball when shot?  What level of accuracy are people getting?

I am thinking about getting one, and I am trying to do my homework.

Thanks for your input.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Given such a short barrel, what is the muzzle blast like with these?  Is there a fireball when shot?  What level of accuracy are people getting?

I am thinking about getting one, and I am trying to do my homework.

Thanks for your input.  

its a real blast.  yes.  blow paper around and hurt people next to you.  
not what i would call a good time.  SBRs are worse.  shoot my 20" AR-10 is a loud mo fo.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I havn't played with a DPMS but was present when a guy was doing FA MAg dumps with an 11" barreled HK.  It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, and the 7.5" DPMS Kitty Kat was much more impressive "shock and awe" wise.

I think the DPMS comes with a Phantom F/S or look alike, seems like it would be pretty effective.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot a DPMS 308 16" with a Vortex.  My wife's 6920 (with Ops Inc muzzle break--AKA "Blast Enhancer") is MUCH louder.  I really don't see/hear any difference between my DPMS and my (un-blast-enhanced) M4......but I'm freakin' deaf from working flightline anyway.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:04:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Any comments on accuracy?  Will it handle surplus?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any comments on accuracy?  Will it handle surplus?

I don't know too much about the accuracy but my brother has a .308 ap4.  He was feeding factory remmingon ammo through it and had no problems.  then he tried seller and belliot and had 1 ftf.  Then he went to PMC factory new ammo and it didn't work for shit.  Had problems with almost every round either FTF or FTE.  Then he switched over to Federal LC ,308 PD ammo ( i don't know what the model number is for .308) and his rifle was going through it like butter.  Even though it was PD he didn't have one issue with it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the information.  That is exactly the type I am trying to gather.

$1000 is a lot to spend.  I want to make sure it is money well spent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:23:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine has only had 1 set of problems, the mags needed to be broken in(which they didn't ell me).  I broke them in by loading them to 75% capacity(15 rds.).  After about 100 rounds they are flawless.  The spring was just  too strong at first.  Now mine will eat anything its fed, from match to crap from portugal to handloads, if its 308/7.62x51 it will load and fire it!!

I had a AR10 and that was a headache, this is the best 308 I own/owned.

Questions please feel free to IM me.

Tite_Shot_Va
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top