BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2003 12:49:35 PM EDT
Anyone use this stuff?
http://www.mp7.com/NCleaner.htm
Kinda tired of scrapping all the carbon off the bolt carrier and locking lugs... does this work? what else does?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Slip 2000 Carbon Cutter desolves the carbon on contact. I can drop my bolt and or bolt carrier in to this stuff and watch the carbon float away. Non hazardous, non toxic. No nasty smell and a 16 oz. jar has lasted me almost a year. Even when this stuff turned black it still works.

crisco
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
mpro7 is the best cleaner i have ever seen or used.  I have tons of the stuff because it seems to melt the crud away from my rifles.  Do not forget to use a copper remover when using this.  let me recommend sweets 7.62 copper remover
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
 Both slip and mpro are great products.  mpro is also great for cleaing corroded battery terminals...especially the GM brass positive cable contact.  Slip seems to be better for the really hard carbon deposits and mpro is a great general cleaner for flushing out all of the loose filth...works pretty good as a bore cleaner too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 5:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
MPro7 is one of my favorite cleaner.

Since I do most of my gun maintenance in my basement. That fact that MPro7 is odorless and non-toxic are huge +++.

I did find that it doesn't clean bores as well as other dedicated bore cleaner.  Therefore, I often also use some FP10 when cleaning really foul barrels.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole srt team here uses it on all of our weapons, makes for quick cleanings and not smelling like fermented bat guano afterwards.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all of the replies!
I guess I should check this snizel out asap!
:)
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top