Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/19/2003 7:58:10 AM EDT
Here is one for all of you. I have a flattop 24in with 10x Tasco SS mounted with Leupold QRW rings. If I move the scope forward one slot on the upper, how much could it change the POI at 100 yards? I haven't tried it yet, big difference off the bench and prone with my cheek weld. Prone I am getting the "black ring" until I get my position set. For us old geezers with bifocals this stuff gets critical. I am wondering if there is a big difference in POI, 1 or more MOA, then my mounting is wrong to begin with. My first and last priority in any scoped rifle is shooting in an upright position.
Just thought I would run this by this board, great group of people. Thanks for any discussion you can give.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:08:26 AM EDT
Moving the scope foward one slot [i]shouldn't[/i] change your POI more then an inch. Are you grouping well with this setup? When I mount a scope in QRWs, I mount the rear ring in the slot and pull it towards the rear of the rifle and tighten it onto the base. Then I mount the front ring and push it toward the front of the rifle and thighten it onto the base. Then I mount the scope in the rings and tourqe it down. This eliminates any front to rear play in the mounting. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 11:15:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/19/2003 12:01:56 PM EDT by danc46]
Thanks, FS! I am grouping a little less than 1/2 MOA with 3 shot groups at 100 and 200 when I do my part on the bench. Prone, everything goes south, as bad as 2 MOA. Gotta be me but finding a happy medium may be just moving it forward and adjusting the parallax. This 10x Tasco SS is my only fixed power scope other than a 4x scope on a 10/22 and 2 1/2x on a Ruger #3 45/70. That "black ring" from the Tasco 10x is a new one for me, never had it before in prone shooting. Hell, my eyes ain't what they were even 2 years ago.
Top Top