Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 4:47:40 AM EDT
Would this ARMS mount work for a SPR build with a Super Sniper 10X42? Or would I be better off with a Larue SPR mount? I dont shoot with my nose to the CH, but a little behind it.

A.R.M.S.® #35™QD Throw Lever® Mount

Here is is on an MSTN SPR w/ a Leupy

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Bit hard to determine the "height" of that set-up ya got there.......

Looks abit low but I can't tell, (that said should be fine if the height is tall enough for ya to get the proper cheek weld on your stock).

Mike
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The height isnt my worries, its the 4" eye relief that is.
I have medeium height rings that are going on the mont. I jus want to know if it will work with the SS long eye relief.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Agreed, it's tough to see how high that mount is.  It might require a riser, but I can't tell.  Here's a novel idea, try the Armalite 1-piece 30mm mount.  I'm using one with my Leupold on a flat-top 20" rifle.  It hasn't let me down yet and it has very good return-to-zero.  Should run you about $60 on the EE.  MJD
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The height isnt my worries, its the 4" eye relief that is.
I have medeium height rings that are going on the mont. I jus want to know if it will work with the SS long eye relief.

I agree, the eye relief is the problem.  I just mounted a SS on my SIR and as you can see from the pic, the scope is well over the top of the receiver.  In this configuration, I can put my nose about 1.5" from the charging handle for a clear view.

I would say the LT would allow you to mount your SS farther forward than the ARMS mount would allow.  This is the key to success with the long eye relief SS.

Link Posted: 3/14/2006 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Added some refference pics
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Added some refference pics

From those pics, it looks like it's a stretch for the ARMS mount just to put the rear end of the scope even with the charging handle.  

I think that reinforces my opinion that the LT SPR or even the LT SPR-E would be a better choice, unless you don't mind keeping your nose 2-3" from the charging handle.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top