Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2003 7:37:33 PM EDT
Got my TA-31A but haven't tried it out yet. Waiting for my upper to come from Bushy for the third time!
Anyway, there were some posts here last month giving the dimensions for their mounting screw but I cannot find the thread.
Any help??
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
10/32 1/2" length hex head (1/8") for the carry handle mount.

I used the same screw for my #19S mount too; but some here have suggested that it is too long and the 1/4" length would be more appropriate. 1/2" worked for me... YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you find one that was stainless steel or galvanized? I found the dimensions but the local ACE which has about everything only has them in steel and obviously I'd prefer something that is rust resistant.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I wrote Trijicon for one and got a parked hex head machine screw. You can buy them for $15 including the special washer. They used to mail out just the screws for free but I guess they stopped that.

I can also find it at a local industrial supplier (Allied Bolt and Screw) in the exact same match-up; but they have a $10 minimum purchase.

Try contacting some of the industrial suppliers in your area and see if they can help you or direct you to someone they supply maybe.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:23:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Bart, I'll give it a shot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The Trijicon comes with one screw. I mounted it on a ARMS 19S. After around 100 rounds,I took the scope off the gun and notice that the ACOG was loose and moving.I think that I will order one more screw to tighten it more. I think DSA sells it for $11.

Does anyone recommend using Loctite on the screws to make sure it doesn't come loose?

Also, I lost the manual to my TA31A. Does anyone have an online copy or know where I can find one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I ran my Trijicon with just the one screw mount on both the carry handle and the 19S. On the carry handle, I did need to use the allen wrench aggressively with some blue loctite to keep it from working loose in short order.

As a result, I used the same blue loctite with the #19S and just the one screw and never had any issue at all with the mount moving. I did eventually add a second screw just to feel good; but the single screw mount to the #19S never once shifted on me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top