Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 6:46:47 AM EDT
OK, I recently broke down and came over to the optic side after being a strictly "irons" kinda' guy for years. I bought an EOTECH 552, and I just allen wrenched it down on the rail of my LMT M4gery.

I noticed in most pictures posted here that guys are using the screw down bolt that comes in the box. I'm guessing that's so it can be removed manually more quickly. Are there any issues with just mounting it with the Allen wrench? Did I do something wrong? Is it going to fly off when I go out and zero it today?

Are there going to be issues using the EOTECH with out a spacer? I have a standard front sight post with a Trijicon lamp in it, and a YHM flip up back up iron sight on the rear. Is the red dot going to end up getting zero in the middle of my front sight post?

Any tips for the beginning red dot user are welcome. I want to get this thing ready to go soon because this is about the time of day the two stray dogs have been coming over and leaving deer hides and stuff in the yard for my dogs to roll around on. I'm tired of giving my dogs baths, and thought a I'd give the stray dogs a noisy reception. I'm not going to shoot them. (I'd really rather not shoot a dog unless I absolutely have to) I just want to scare them (Again). Going out back and zeroing the new optic would probably keep them away for a few days.

Point me in the righ direction gentlemen if you please.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#1]
post a picture
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Greetings!

I'm also running an EOTECH 552 with a YHM BUIS.  Mounted directly on the rail the front sight was exactly in the middle of the EOTECH screen.  I ordered the BUIS along with a 1/4" YHM riser from Eagle Firearms to fix this annoyance.  Now I co-witness in the lower 1/3rd of the EOTECH screen which I like very much.  I really enjoyed doing business with Eagle Firearms, prompt service at the best price I could find anywhere.

Hope this helps a bit at least.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Inspector1 I can't post a pic right now, sorry. Maybe I can get one together later.

Glock10mm Thanks for the pic and the details. It looks like you mounted your EOTECH the same way I did(meaning you allenwrenched it down). I was confused about having what appeared to be two different mounting options.

I personally don't care if my FSP is in the middle(I don't think I do) as long as the red dot isn't being obscured by the post. I'm used to irons, and having the post there is not much of an issue to me (yet). Maybe later it'll drive me crazy. My theory is that it will help me get used to the red dot. In any case we'll find out here shortly when my daughter wakes up from her nap. I'll go burn a few rounds and see what's what.

Thanks for the pic and the detailed description. Much obliged.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 9:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
No the front sight won't obscure anything, I just didn't like it that way personally.  

I used the Allen screw at first, but I probably would use the one with the coin slot as it's alot easier to remove if need be.  

These days I have a GG&G Accucam on there which I also like very much, once I got it to stop snagging on my clothing.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock_10mm:
did you get rid of the 1/4" YHM riser ?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
If you go with the finger screw, you may want to check out the YHM screw.  I think they are about $5 and are a lot easier to tighten down and remove.  I have one for each of my Eotechs.

I also have an Accucam.  It is really quick and easy to use.  I don't know if I would buy another though.  THey are about $80 IIRC.  I picked mine up used for a bit less.  Since the irons can be used with the Eotech on, I don't have a reason to remove it.

Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The back of a single sided/sharpened knife fits into the stock screw and can tighten it right down....with a drop of blue locktite, never had one of mine come loose unless I wanted it to....

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]
glock 10mm , does that foreward v grip attach to a standard handguard? and what kind is it if it does? Thanks!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
glock 10mm , does that foreward v grip attach to a standard handguard? and what kind is it if it does? Thanks!!

That is a Tango Down Vertical grip.  It attaches to a standard Rail.  You can get rails that attach to the standard handguard.  My guess is that is what he is using.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top