Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:23:38 PM EDT
Well I am about to pull the trigger and get my ML3 and have seen many pics of mounted Aimpoints. It seems like there are more with the lens covers 'hovering' over the top of the optic. I have seen fewer, it seems, that have mounted the optic where the lens covers are flush on the flat top.

Is this 'upside down'? or is there no true 'righ side up'?

If it is upside down...is it ok to do?
Are there any down sides to doing it?
Any special tricks to doing it right?

Thanks in advance!!
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:26:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2005 8:27:08 PM EDT by mcgrubbs]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:35:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcgrubbs:
It has nothing to do with how you mount the Aimpoint. The lens covers turn on their own so that you can adjust them to fold down how you like.

fantastic....thanks!

knowing this though....why would someone have them any other way than on the flat top? several good reasons for having them down....why up?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:51:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CQB_Skills:

It has nothing to do with how you mount the Aimpoint. The lens covers turn on their own so that you can adjust them to fold down how you like.

fantastic....thanks!

knowing this though....why would someone have them any other way than on the flat top? several good reasons for having them down....why up?

Not sure. I have mine flip down. On bolt rifles though some people put info on the flap. One could do the same with the aimpoint, but since there is no reticle it may be hard.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:55:46 PM EDT

fantastic....thanks!

So they can read the label when they're closed. I know, who cares, but some folks do I guess.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:37:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 12:58:03 PM EDT
I dont have a rear cap. My front cap is turned at a 60 degree angle so that when I open it with my left hand it opens and is inline with the barrel. Due to my Arms 50 rail, I can't have the cap rest flat down and be out of sight.

John
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:52:08 PM EDT

fantastic....thanks!

Looks cooler?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:16:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Badaim:

fantastic....thanks!

Looks cooler?

functional > sexy
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:56:08 PM EDT
IIRC, the idea behind flipping the lens covers down is to reduce the amount of visual obstruction when the weapon is shouldered.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:40:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ConditionOne:
IIRC, the idea behind flipping the lens covers down is to reduce the amount of visual obstruction when the weapon is shouldered.

I thought that went without saying.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:41:30 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:16:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 7:17:13 PM EDT by CQB_Skills]

Originally Posted By CSGunWorkscom:
Like this.

www.csgw.photosite.com/~photos/tn/353_348.ts1105724257540.jpg

www.csgunworks.com
mike@csgunworks.com

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

nice...yes just like that

edit: not a fan of the whole setup but the optic is perfect
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:05:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ConditionOne:

And if (when?) the little springs fail on the covers, they fall out of the way, not in the way. That's my reasoning.
Top Top